cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone knows why data sometimes dont work?

ctwvenus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone!

I want to ask about some troubles with data. Sometimes when I open the data option on my phone, it says there is no internet connection when I go to Youtube or do something online. This is very weird because my phone is alright, nothing wrong with it and I can use data at times. But the data just don't work sometimes for no reason and it showed 0 B/s on the phone showing no data transmission. 

Anyone knows why? 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ctwvenus I experience the same thing. even though there's a good amount of bars. the connection freezes out in certain areas of the home. or it just freezes out... I usually end up disabling and then enabling my mobile data. sometimes I even have to switch to HSPA.

when we have a weak signal, the 3mb throttle becomes very inconsistent. it may be a better option to switch to 3g in these trouble areas

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ctwvenus 

Hard to say for sure why that happens.  As stated above, multiple variables.  Do you have the same issues by just leaving the data on all the time?

You might want to try your SIM card in another working phone.  That might help determine whether hardware/setup issue versus PM service problem.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Have you logged into your account to check if you have data left under my data and add-ons?

What kind of phone do you have? What have you tried on your phone to resolve the issue? Reboot phone? Reset network settings? Are you in a house or basement or apartment where signal could be weak? Or is this open does outside with perfect signal? So many variables....

Need Help? Let's chat.