cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to keep a plan after number is ported out

StealthRhino
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there any way I can keep my plan with a new number after the current number is ported out?  Right now I have a work phone using the $120/12GB plan that I pay and get reimbursed by work. They are going to switch to a Rogers business plan where they pay directly for all the plans. They don't want to switch numbers since they been giving them out to clients for years. I don't want to give up this plan but it looks like I have to. 

@Shazia_K Is there any way for me to get a new number on this plan but still let my work move the old one to Rogers?

8 REPLIES 8

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As mentioned in the thread, many have asked and the simple answer was no.

I could see many people selling the fall promo plan for $100+ if it was possible

As stated eariler, Public doesn't have a choice but to deactivate the service after a phone number is ported out.  Technically, a carrier could activate a new line for you and provision any plan that they are allowed to, or are willing to.  But keep in mind that there are often rules that companies have that state that you can't get a plan that is no longer offered.  Sometimes, it's better for a carrier to a just say "no" to every such request, rather than to make one-time exceptions.  I know customers who receive such one-time exceptions would be happier, but those same exceptions can often cause problems for the carrier and customers who do get told "no".

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MoreYummy it's just not possible.  I believe it's actually a requirement of the porting system to close the account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Wondering if they will have it implemented to keep the plan even number is ported.   Maybe too much work

Here's the link
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Switching-number-between-2-accounts/m-p/14...

🙂
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@Pier wrote:

@StealthRhino,

I understand your attachment to that plan as you've been using it for a couple of months. If the number is porting out, your account will automatically deactivate. What you could do is.... send a private message to one of our moderators and ask them whether they could consider giving you the same plan with a new number after the process of porting out. Special concession, but PM will understand.

Good luck..

I can't seem to locate the thread where the moderators have responded and said absolutely not possible.  No point in wasting their time asking again.

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@StealthRhino,

I understand your attachment to that plan as you've been using it for a couple of months. If the number is porting out, your account will automatically deactivate. What you could do is.... send a private message to one of our moderators and ask them whether they could consider giving you the same plan with a new number after the process of porting out. Special concession, but PM will understand.

Good luck..

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Unfortunately no. Once you port out old account will be closed. Because once you port out current number to Rogers then this current account will be closed. And if you get a new number then, your current number get deactivate.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.