cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any deals for Christmas?

Farjy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Guys does pm have any promotions for Christmas or Boxing Day ? 

33 REPLIES 33

Farjy

😃thanks ! That’s mean if I switch I can get 5$ off . 

@Farjy wrote:

Which plans give 2GB and 4GB?

@Farjy

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Ridiculous-telephone-customer-service/m-p...

I really don't know how else I could possibly help you - you have pictures of the plan builder for the according plans, and I have added the math. (As mentioned - once you switch to one of those in-market plans - which you have to do by calling *611 - you'll get $2/30days reward for autopay and $3/30days for loyalty (so a total of 5$ off instead of the $7 I used in my calculations.)

@Farjy wrote:

@Farjy 

1. Do you mean for 30 or 90 days?

2. Do you want LTE speed, or are you happy with the less expensive 3G (at 3 Mbps)?

3. Do you want calling?

4. Do you want texting?

5.. Do you want unlimited Canada wide or Canada/US calling?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Farjy

Farjy

D2065F5A-5014-4A02-9441-2ACDC9A4F64A.png

That’s what I can see about autopay ! 

Farjy

🤨😧😧😧let me read well . I am going to comment soon !

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wetcoaster  I did not realise there was an a previous discussion in a different thread. I was just replying to a current post where the user mentioned they were on a legasy plan and that they were looking to save money.

I do agree the 2gb and 4gb plans are better than what the competitors tend to offer. 

@mimmo wrote:

@Farjy as a legasy plan you are entitled to 1$ for each year you have been with pm. So that would reduce you bill by $3 at least I think.  Also how much data do you need use? The 30$ 500mb a month is actually not bad bit light data users.

We've "talked" about options on in-market plans for @Farjy last week. They only thing in that post that has changed due to input from former legacy customers is the exact amount of rewards: $2 for autopay, $3 for loyalty (going up to $4 mid next year, I think?)... So the yearly totals would be $24 more than my calculations. Referral and community rewards could lower that amount.

I still think that both, the 2GB and the 4GB version (LTE light) are still quite competitively priced plans for @Farjy's needs.

While I understand why they are asking about promos... but I definitely don't hold my breath.

@Farjy Sorry, no special deals currently being offered to any PM customers. Still it's hard find a competitor with better offers, especially those needing only moderate amounts of data.

Legacy customers in particular are not eligible for any Rewards because only they can call 611 for support; everyone else must use this Forum and/or private messaging to the moderators.

What plan are you considering?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Farjy

Me too , my family also using I m asking them to leave this company !

Farjy

Dear already asked them they said I can’t get any offer for being an legacy customer! Confirm me if I can ! Please

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Michael77 wrote:

@Michael77 wrote:

@lukevader wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@bilal684,  I will agree that the promo that was going on last weekend was a great deal but with the number of people still with PM it obviously wasn't  a deal that couldn't be reufsed.  It didn't work for everyone and that is why only a very small percnetage left.

I think you are counting your chickens before they are hatched. A lot of people who have pm didn't port out yet. They are (like me) too cheap to walk away from 2 + months of service so they are using 2 numbers right now and playing the wait and see game. If nothing new happens here I'm sure that from now to a max of three months from now when peoples plans start expiring you will see a large percentage of your referrals leaving. 

I know someone in this boat. She will be porting out close to her PM end date.

One of my referrals just left. I received a text message from PM just now:

"Public Mobile here. So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us. See the details in Self Serve." 

@Michael77 oh no.jpg

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Michael77 wrote:

@lukevader wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@bilal684,  I will agree that the promo that was going on last weekend was a great deal but with the number of people still with PM it obviously wasn't  a deal that couldn't be reufsed.  It didn't work for everyone and that is why only a very small percnetage left.

I think you are counting your chickens before they are hatched. A lot of people who have pm didn't port out yet. They are (like me) too cheap to walk away from 2 + months of service so they are using 2 numbers right now and playing the wait and see game. If nothing new happens here I'm sure that from now to a max of three months from now when peoples plans start expiring you will see a large percentage of your referrals leaving. 

One of my referrals just left. I received a text message from PM just now:

"Public Mobile here. So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us. See the details in Self Serve." 

Michael77

@lukevader wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

mimmo

@Farjy as a legasy plan you are entitled to 1$ for each year you have been with pm. So that would reduce you bill by $3 at least I think.  Also how much data do you need use? The 30$ 500mb a month is actually not bad bit light data users.

Farjy

Thanks ! I was just expecting to get something from them since they become very expensive it’s hard to add data ! I with an legacy plan so I don’t have any options that’s why I was asking so !

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Garry

scrooge-icon_400x400.jpg

marsbar

I thought this was the best Public was willing to do at that $60 price point, no?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/promotions/60for5GB-4GLTE

I.e Provincial Talk, Global Text, 15GB LTE on the 90/day plan for $180 which works out to $60/month and is although half that of Koodo's offer is a great plan for light users.

Personally, I like my $~37/mo price point for 12GB over 90 days from the Fall Promo, but I've been eyeing that one in case I feel that I can afford the $60/month price point.

srlawren

@Farjy wrote:

Guys does pm have any promotions for Christmas or Boxing Day ? 

@Farjy back to your original question:  based on past experience, I would say no, PM will not have any Christmas or Boxing Day promotions.  However, as 2017 has been a year full of surprises and departures from past patterns, all we can really say is nobody knows for sure.  If I were a betting man, my money would be on seeing the status quo right through the new year at least.  But this is purely personal speculation.  The bottom line is, don't expect a promo, don't plan for a promo, but do check back regularly just in case.  If your expectations are low, you don't be disappointed if nothing happens, but will be delighted if it does. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Michael77

@NDesai,

2018 is just around the corner! 🙂

I hate to say, it's still 2017 Smiley Sad

bilal684

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@bilal684 wrote:

They sat down and watched all the companies slaughtering eachother with deals. I hope PM wakes up and stomps competition with great deals but for some reason, I don't think this will happen anysoon....

I would like to see another promo that targets the lower data users and see what happens.  I think this place would go crazy, but I fear that the activation process isn't ready for the heavy demand yet

I joined Public mobile because Virgin mobile scammed me. They offered me a deal so I don't leave for koodo for a black friday deal. Once black friday deals were over, a virgin mobile supervisor contacted me and told me that the deal I was offered could not work out of them. I asked them to put me back on my old plan and they refused. I directly switched over to PM because I was so frustrated that Virgin lied to me rather than letting me go for the koodo plan I wanted. Oh well, waiting on PM for a deal because I had 40$ 3gb with virgin... now I only have 500mb a month...

@bilal684 wrote:

They sat down and watched all the companies slaughtering eachother with deals. I hope PM wakes up and stomps competition with great deals but for some reason, I don't think this will happen anysoon....

I would like to see another promo that targets the lower data users and see what happens.  I think this place would go crazy, but I fear that the activation process isn't ready for the heavy demand yet

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

@Farjy wrote:

I have been using PM for long time but honestly I would say they are heartless and cunning 😡my present experience from their customer service was horrible. 

Can you share your experiences? Every interaction I have had has been positive and mods have always been more than fair.

mimmo

I have 40$ 4gb, but I signed up for 40$ for 2gb 1.5 years ago.

I don't disagree with prices being high for what you get but that being said if you just joined I am sure you compared plans and found pm to be the best bang for $, else I do not think you would have joined.

I would not have joined if pm was costing more than another provider.

@bilal684 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

PM has a great rewards system and loyalty system, and their prices tend to be less than the competitors regular prices.

What plan do you have? I joined few weeks ago and I only have 1.5gb of data. If they do a deal for 40$ 4gb plan I'd switch immediately.... I still believe I'm paying too much for what I have.

bilal684

@mimmo wrote:

PM has a great rewards system and loyalty system, and their prices tend to be less than the competitors regular prices.

What plan do you have? I joined few weeks ago and I only have 1.5gb of data. If they do a deal for 40$ 4gb plan I'd switch immediately.... I still believe I'm paying too much for what I have.

Farjy

I have been using PM for long time but honestly I would say they are heartless and cunning 😡my present experience from their customer service was horrible. 

mimmo

bilal684

Need Help? Let's chat.