cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android messages

Dougk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Has anyone since changing to new 3g plans notice you can't send MMS over it? Ours say they fail always , even the description Google gives it says " enhanced features on supported carriers" before I changed to new 3g plans it worked fine on both my wife's and my phone....after it won't send gifs or photos , Hangouts will send them fine just seems to be Android messages that's acted up since the change over? Wondering if someone on the new 3g plans can send photo/gif on it with wifi in and off....curious

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

Dougk
Sorry, forgot about this....yes they are correct it only started acting odd after dropping the late plan for the 3g....I've been using Textra ever since...haven't tested android messenger since...

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Just a thought, but have you double checked your APN settings to confirm that they are correct?

ba14ii

if the messages are out of order, be sure to check that your phones time is set to automatic or "by the carrier", i had the same issue that resolved it on my G3

Dougk
Textra sends fine...just messages is messed up...ah well....

Dougk
@Wafik will test out textra as well 🙂 thanks.

Dougk
Thanks for testing out....as for cache new install of the entire ROM and app, it shows that something was sent but only gives us the " tap to download" when u do nothing happens...but as mentions hangouts sends fine...hangouts dropped the SMS portiin from the app, so until I figure out what's going on...gotta stick to both for now.

Once again, appreciate those who tested it out for me 🙂

Wafik
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dougk You could always try downloading a free 3rd party texting app like Textra and see if it works.  At least then you would know if it is the default messenger was the issue or a bigger problem, assuming you tried the other suggestions here with no success.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
It worked fine for me too. No issues to report.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

I have an Android phone as well, but I clear my cache and optimize my phone on a daily basis and I haven't had any issues yet on the 3G plan.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I can also confirm MMS working fine on a 3G plan using latest Android Messages app. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Dougk,

I have been testing a 3G plan for the last few weeks.  

After reading your post, I just tested using Android Messages with a 3G plan on my LG G5.  It worked.

You can try clearing cache of the Messages app. 

Need Help? Let's chat.