cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding someone to my plan temporary

Egl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my family is coming for a visit from another country, can i add her to my plan.  Do  i have to get a new sin card for her home, or can i add from her home  town so that when she gets into Canada she can connect.

3 REPLIES 3

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Egl   PM has just posted a promo for an extra 2GB data for six months on new activation on plans $35+ .   Using an email alias and same password and payment card is probably the easiest way to manage another account.

Don't forget to use your referral code as well when activating the new account to get the $10/points discount for the new account. 

Here's a link to the promo if you think your visiting family may need extra data:   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-bonus-for-the-next-6-mon...

edit:  If you don't have a spare SIM already, then I'd suggest to order from the following seller as ordering through PM can take two+ weeks whereas canadiancellsupplies' SIMs usually arrive within the week or less.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Egl, there are no family plans or even the ability to add anyone to a current account.  Each phone number is a separate account with its own email (you can use an alias email).  So you will need to purchase a new sim card and setup an account for your visiting family member, you can have your credit card on file for the payment though.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi you need to purchase a new Sim card activate a new account with a new email address before she comes and then give her the card to use while she is here And remember it must  be a separate email for each new SIM card You can however pay for it with your credit card and you can even put your own name on the account There is another possible issue depending on what type of phone she has and whether or not it’s an international model it may not work on a Canadian network

Need Help? Let's chat.