cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding on

Akeating
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve been trying to add to my minutes. I can’t make outgoing calls or accept incoming calls. This is the most complicated situation I ever experienced. I added $40 to my account today it said it went through, but still noting. 

18 REPLIES 18

Excellent. Sometimes it's just the simplest of things.

A tip for future payments: you can enter vouchers the same as 611 but using 1-855-4pu-blic. Enter the phone number and then enter the voucher. You don't need to have her phone in your hand.

You can also use real time payments in a few stores. A little extra fee but certainly some convenience. Especially if you gas up at a Mobil. Ask for the payment method, tell them the provider, tell them how much, tell them the phone number. You also don't need to have her phone in your hand.

@Akeating 

Glad that everything worked out for you!

Have a great night!

Akeating

It was through #611. I’m doing this for my elderly mother who doesn’t use the internet. Just uses this as her emergency phone when travelling. Turing the the phone off seemed to work. Thank you. 

@dust2dust 

Thanks…yes OP replied about 611.

@Akeating 

The website is down for maintenance so you can create your account later.

Just wonder how you activated your SIM?

@Akeating 

for Register You’ll need A valid email address
Your Public Mobile phone number,, To create a My Account profile you’ll need the help of a Customer Support Agent.Chatbot

or tried press on forgot my My Account email address or password

if you don't know the password account, to reset.

after get account set then use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

To Login Page

you will get verification code by email or SMS
and inserting the 6 digit number and not press anything
just wait a 5 second automatically be login,,

@BKNS27- 611.

@Akeating- and what else did 611 say? did it give you a next payment date and a balance? Or still wants more money? What plan are you on?

@Akeating 

How did you add the $40 add-on in your account in the first place? I assume you create an account.

2FA = 2 factor authenticity. 
If you didn’t create an account go to:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/create-a-self-serve-account 

Akeating

It won’t let me create an account. This is unbelievably and unnecessarily complicated. What’s is a 2FA code? How do I create an account?  When I called #611 it told me there was $40 successfully added.

When you call 611 does it tell you your balance and your next payment date? Or does it just want money right away? Or does it say it's somehow invalid? And again, do any other services work?

Yes, for the account login you need to go through the support people.

@Akeating 

When you login to your account after you enter your 2FA code. There is an down arrow dropdown menu then click on Plans & Add-ons.

The website might be under maintenance so try again later.

Akeating

The issue is I don’t have an activated online account. I did this by call #611. When I try to create an account it tells me I need the support of an agent. 

@Akeating 

Since you have no outgoing and incoming calls, try to reboot your phone once

Also, login to My Account and check if your account status is Active

Whrn you are at  My Account  the main page there would should you your current plan data and minute usage  It will also show you all your bonus and paid addons you have .  Yiu can also confirm if you have any Available Find, just in case the $40 you out in was only loaded in the account and not used

Also, check Payment Hisotry to confirm if the $40 was loaded and used towards the plan or any addons.  Post us screenshots if you don't mind

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is your plan active? Does SMS (real SMS) texting and browsing the internet (not on wifi) work?

Akeating

There is no plan add on tab

@Akeating 

It will be in the Plan & Add-ons tab.

Akeating

How do I see it in my account?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Akeating 

If your add-on is shown in your account then reboot your phone by holding down the power button then power off and power back on.

Need Help? Let's chat.