cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ons

Tapper22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello fellow users

I would imagine this question has been asked and answered numerous times, however, here goes again.I will be travelling to the US and intend to purchase add-ons. I have noticed many people lately have been having issues with their add-ons, such as the add-ons not working completely, activations being delayed and si on.
Question is, can I purchase add-ons prior to travel and request that the add-ons get activated on a particular day? My thoughts are, maybe the delay in activation will allow time for them to be activated when I am in fact in US. As well, if I cannot buy the add-ons early, is it suggested or advised that I buy them right before entering US or just after?

TIA

Tapper

3 REPLIES 3

@Tapper22     You need to select 2G network mode from your phone's Settings>Connections>Mobile Networks>Network Mode if you can connect to T-Mobile for the talk.  Roaming has been bit of a hit or miss for some customers so it's not guaranteed that you will be able to use talk roaming. 

Also make sure data roaming is enabled.

Tapper22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So are you suggesting that I switch to 2G network instead of my 4G? And should I keep it on the 2G for the length of the add-ons?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tapper22   Unfortunately, you cannot pre-schedule to purchase the roaming adds (would be nice if PM made that available).   The roaming add-ons activate immediately after purchase for 240 hours (10 days) so that's why it's recommended to purchase as close as possible to your travel date.

As you've noted, they haven't been working as well since the US carriers shut down their 3G networks, although data and text are supposed to be unaffected by this change.  For talk try to switch your phone to 2G network setting and manually select T-Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.