cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ons us roaming problem

1halinka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just payed $15.00 for US roaming and the payment went through (I got an invoice for it).

But in my account it shows as top up credit not US roaming as I paid for.

In this case my US roaming is not active as I paid for.

Please explain and correct the problem ASAP

Thank you,

16 REPLIES 16

hmm...I will say in a positive tone that I prefer the new add-on buying method. It seems way more intuitive than before. The big button Shop Add-ons. The tabs of kind of add-on. Plus and minus to add them. Complete payment. Choose registered card or a voucher.

But the caching is atrocious for seeing all of these things happening.

Still like to see the cash flow of your payment history here since you first started buying these add-ons.

1halinka

I don't understand how it works. I did add-ons for the first time with this company.

1halinka

I got 2 invoices on Oct. 5 and 6th.

Was your plan renewed through all this going on?

If you had previously bought add-ons then it was kind of weird then where you had to have money in the account first to buy the add-on. Now it's a cart system where you select the things you want to buy and then pay for the contents of the cart with your registered card or voucher.

1halinka

I could never see the little spinner refresh icon. 

I do not have any balance for a double payment.

Sorry, I was not aware of the changes on the site, it was not clear or obious how to pay for add-ons, Kind of a pain.

It's just appalling to me that the system is so bad that it can't provide proper updated information to customers as it happens. Not in any cache somewhere. Just...now. So then we get customers saying they've tried all sorts of things burying themselves deeper and deeper and still the system doesn't properly show them as they go along. It's just terrible.

Then adding to that, the buying of roaming add-ons should be much more strictly controlled. If there's a problem with multiple add-ons at the same time then don't allow it. If there's a problem after the 240 hours then make sure it's only possible after whatever delay. It's just outrageous to me.

There would be no credit for abandoned time of the 10 days but you really should get credited for the amounts where it wasn't working for you. If you like you could provide an image of your payment history going back to when you first tried to buy things.

@1halinka   Did you actually see the roaming add-on (that you were unable to use) in your account?

1halinka

Unfortunately I don't see any credit, I paid altogether $15 (which wouldn't let me roam in the USA and + $20 for US roaming, text & data, so altogether $35, so obviously I would expect the credit. Now I am back in Canada and need US roaming. Something definitely did not work properly, or was very unclear. These problems with service upset me very much. Thank you for your help.

@1halinka   For any refund/credit for an add-on that you were unable to use, you'll need to submit a ticket via chatbot here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Or send a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

1halinka

It seems so, but I still could not use the roaming, so I paid again $20.00 for roaming and data transmission and this time it would let me use my phone in USA. So I obviously was overcharged, paid twice for the same period of time. I was hoping I would be credited. Now I am back in Canada since last Wednesday and don't need this program anymore. 

1halinka

I wonder how did you know. 

I did buy it once for 10 days and it expired today. And today I tried to buy it again and my account got only a credit of $15.00 but there is not roaming in USA working. I tried to use this credit to buy it again few times and got 3 invoices for it but there is still no roaming available.

1halinka

I did buy it once for 10 days and it expired today. And today I tried to buy it again and my account got only a credit of $15.00 but there is not roaming in USA working. I tried to use this credit to buy it again few times and got 3 invoices for it but there is still no roaming available.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@1halinka @Your next post will probably be.. got it added but it doesn’t work..😬

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Click on any little spinner refresh icons you see lower down to maybe refresh things. Or use private mode. Do you now just have a balance of $15 (or more)?

Did you used to buy add-ons? The system has changed to a cart system where before it was a pay first and then buy.

If you don't see mention of roaming in your payment history and you have the balance and you've done all the refreshing then just buy the add-on.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@1halinka  If the 15$ is in your account balance you didn’t follow thru and actually purchase the addon

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@1halinka 

With this new site, you likely still reading off the cached version, so the addon and amount you saw might not be up to date

An easy way is to click the Spinner on the bottom right of the section to force a refresh.

If you don't see an updated add-ons still, try to login My Account using Incognito mode (or InPrivate for Edge, Private for Safari) or try again with a completely different browser like Edge/Firefox/Chrome.  You should then see the latest info  from the server

Need Help? Let's chat.