cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on while travelling in US

GenevieveTucker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi:

I have used add-on’s while here is US but now while topping it up for another 10 days it’s saying complete with purchase from the cart but it doesn’t update to say I have 10 more days. I have added 40.00 in available funds even though I have used pre-authorized payments for my monthly bills.  Can you help please?

6 REPLIES 6

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@GenevieveTucker wrote: I have used add-on’s while here is US but now while topping it up for another 10 days it’s saying complete with purchase from the cart but it doesn’t update to say I have 10 more days.

When you buy second add on make sure the first on is expired 24 hour, otherwise may cause the problem.

@GenevieveTucker Try from a computer instead if you can, but you'll probably have to get help from a CSA, if getting the exact same add on., as I suggested.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@GenevieveTucker hi if you added the same add on again there is a 24 hour period before it takes effect,some quirk with the system I guess 

GenevieveTucker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have tried that and turned both my iphone and iPad off and it doesn’t help.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You will not be able to add the new add on until the first one has expired.  That may be the issue.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@GenevieveTucker Try logging in to your account using a different browser in incognito mode. You're probably looking at old cached information.

If you're getting the exact same add on you'll need help with that from a customer support agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.