cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on purchase gone wrong

stanacho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently was attempting to purchase a US add-on and the process seemed a bit convoluted.

What i didn't realise was that my account was topped up to my plans full $120 amount.  Then the add-on was subtracted off my new balance. 

With this new large balance on the account, how will subsequent payments be made?

ex. For my next plan payment, will the balance on the account be used with any amount remaining being charged to the credit card?  Also, will the autopay discount still be applicable eventhough some or all funds are taken from the public mobile account balance?

Any info about this would be helpful and appreciated.

Thx

5 REPLIES 5

mhaider
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stanacho As @Acekiller mentioned, it is a two step process, the funds need to be loaded first and then the add on has to be purchased. To avoid this happening again, yes load up the balance prior to purchasing the add on.

Hope that helps!

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

and you can choose to fund your account with however much you like.  I do it all the time with vouchers and just let a surplus sit in my account.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stanacho wrote:

Thank you very much for the PROMPT response!

In future, would you suggest to make a payment into the account first for the add-on cost needed first then purchase the add-on?

When your account balance does not have sufficient funds for making the add-on purchase, is there a default top-up transaction that the process make you go through first?  And is the default top-up amount usually set at the amount of your plan?  I may have missed this while going through the whole add-on purchase process.

to get the add-on is a 2 step process.  You have to first fund the account with the required amount, and then use that fund to get the add-on.

stanacho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you very much for the PROMPT response!

In future, would you suggest to make a payment into the account first for the add-on cost needed first then purchase the add-on?

When your account balance does not have sufficient funds for making the add-on purchase, is there a default top-up transaction that the process make you go through first?  And is the default top-up amount usually set at the amount of your plan?  I may have missed this while going through the whole add-on purchase process.

mhaider
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stanacho Yes, the remaining balance will be used first and you will only need to top up the difference at the time and if you have autopay enabled, it will only charge you for the remaining amount and you will still get the autopay credit as you have autopay enabled on your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.