cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on for US data

Razzy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have added funds to my account and I cannot get US data to apply. Have been trying since yesterday.

My husband is traveling in the US and needs a phone. He has had nothing but trouble for 2 months with trying to use his phone in the US.

7 REPLIES 7

Yes @Anonymous  ... meant ATT.   

Brain fart

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Not Sprint.

@Razzy : Can you post a screenshot of the Plan Details page. If your husband is trying to use the phone in the states, is that just data as you ask...or talk and or text? The phone will need to have the roaming options turned on. And does the data work fine here?

@Razzy wrote:

Have tried all that.

@Razzy  - are you trying to add the same addon you are currently using or just recently ended (10 days ago)?

If so, there is a glitch, where you need to wait the full 240 hours from the add onto your account date. So either make sure it has been 240+ hours ago since you last one as added (of the same type), or ask CSA to add it for you.

CSA's contact here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

SO does the US Roaming add-on display under your Plan Details on his account @Razzy 

Or does the amount of the add-on display under your Available Balance.   If it does, it hasn't actually been purchased, just the funds added.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re done.
  5. Some users have found that rebooting the device is required afterwards.

Razzy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Have tried all that.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Razzy 

Purchasing an add-on is a two step process.

You should be able to use it instantly.

1-First you need to add the $ to your account and (you did this - great!)

2-then add the add-on to your account. (now, go back and add the addon, it should show up under the Plan Details of the account)

• Make sure data roaming is enabled in your phone settings.
  • Restarting your phone should help you connect to the correct network.
  • Go to the cellular or network settings in your phone, and check your APN configuration. If possible, manually search and select either AT&T or T-Mobile's network.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Buying addons is a two-step process.

1. apply funds
  2. select add-on

You may have to reboot device.   Then, when in USA, select an US network manually if device doesn't.    Like (edit) AT&T or T-Mobile.

Happy Travels!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.