cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add On US Calling

mmunir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased an Add On for U.S calling but it did not work while i was in the states. How can i get in contact with Public Mobile to discuss this?

6 REPLIES 6

@Triguy wrote:

Purchasing a us roaming requires you to buy then add it.  Also you need to enable roaming.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

You could try submitting a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

On most phones, there is no such setting to enable roaming, except for data. That roaming data setting does not need to be enabled for phone calls.  You are right that roaming can be disabled completely through the use of manual network selection, but if customers were to look for such a roaming setting on most current phones, they would not find anything.

@mmunir wrote:

I purchased an Add On for U.S calling but it did not work while i was in the states. How can i get in contact with Public Mobile to discuss this?

Which add-on did you purchase?  I'm sure you're already aware of this, but there are seperate long dstance and roaming add-ons.  Many people confuse the meaning of the two.

mmunir
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you 

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Would have this helped? Found on PM website. 

U.S. Roaming U.S. RoamingWe offer U.S. Roaming Add-Ons with one service, or a combination. All U.S. Roaming Add-Ons will last 10 days. This 10-day period begins when you pay for the Add-On and ends 10 days later at 11:59PM ET.Below are some important things you should know about U.S. Roaming Add-Ons:
  • We’ve partnered with AT&T and T-Mobile to provide you with fantastic coverage. Your U.S. coverage will include all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. For more details, check out our coverage map here.
  • 10 days after you purchase a U.S. Roaming Add-On, it will automatically expire.
  • If you want to purchase two of the same U.S. Roaming Add-Ons, you will have to wait for the first 10-day period to expire before buying the second, or you can contact a Moderator.
  • If you purchase 2 different U.S. Roaming Add-Ons, they will expire separately. For example:
    • You purchase a U.S Roaming Talk, Text, Data Add-On on Day 1 of your plan. It will expire on Day 10.
    • On Day 6 of your plan, you purchase a 1 GB U.S. Roaming Data Add-On. It will expire on Day 15.
  • When you’re roaming, you can still access the internet with a Wi-Fi connection, which won’t deplete your data Add-On.
Troubleshooting U.S. Roaming Add-OnsQ: I’m in the U.S. and cannot send any text messages, make calls, or use my data. What do I do? A:
  • Please make sure you’ve added a roaming Add-On that includes the service you are trying to use. You can verify what’s included in your Add-On by signing into Self-Serve.
  • For data issues, make sure your APN settings are correctly configured. Find out how to verify APN settings for Android or iPhone.
  • Make sure your mobile device has roaming enabled.
  • If these solutions don’t work, please start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon, to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team by clicking here.
Q: How do I enable roaming on my device?A: Here’s how to enable for iPhones and Androids:How to enable roaming on an iPhone:
  • Select Settings > Cellular > move ‘Data Roaming’ to the ‘ON’ position.
How to enable roaming on Android:
  • Open ‘Settings’.
  • In ‘Wireless & Networks’, select ‘More’.
  • Choose ‘Mobile Networks’.
    • On some Android devices, you may need to choose ‘Battery & Data Manager’, and then ‘Data Delivery’
  • Add the check mark by the ‘Data Roaming’ option.
  • On some phones, the option is called ‘Global Data Roaming Access’: choose it, and then choose ‘Enable Data Roaming Access’.
Q: I can’t add a U.S. Roaming Add-On to my account. What should I do?A: Purchasing Add-Ons is a 2-step process:
  • You will need to add funds equal to the amount of the Add-On to your account.
  • Then, click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview page.
    • If this doesn’t work, please start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon, to submit a ticket to the Moderator Team by clicking here.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Purchasing a us roaming requires you to buy then add it.  Also you need to enable roaming.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

You could try submitting a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.