cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

Rohan101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

At the end step of porting my number. I have got to step 6 it says( subscription not activated)  . I have paid how do I activate. I have restarted the phone multiple times.

Losing it with this. Lol 

9 REPLIES 9

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rohan101 

While it's inconvenient to have an activation error you are better off with your port incomplete. Keep using your old Sim card for mobile service.

Once you hear back from customer support that they have provisioned your Sim card to your account you can follow their instructions (Likely remove old Sim, insert PM Sim card, reboot and check for working services).

You can then have them request porting for you and you can put your old sim card in one more time to reply YES to the porting authorization text within 90 minutes of recieving it.

Customer support is closed til morning (9am eastern). Normal wait times are a couple of hours. In the past month it's been much longer for many but this has been reduced in the past few days but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours. If it's any longer than that you must resubmit a ticket via the chatbot or send another private message.

@Rohan101 wrote:

Do you know how long the response time is?

I would normally expect a response within a few hours, but because of the time of day currently, I would not expect a response until the next day (Saturday).

Rohan101

Do you know how long the response time is?

@Rohan101 

it is not a porting problem, it is just an account setup issue.  Please message support agent and ask them to check.  
They will also confirm if the porting request was put in correctly  

open ticket with PM support by private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Rohan101

I did not get a text message for the port.

Rohan101

Is there a way to restart the porting process. I am stuck on the last step and can not go back or forward. Could I re install the app?

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rohan101 

Can you put your old Sim card in your phone and see if it still works? If so and you haven't replied YES to the porting authorization text or have not recieved it I would see if you still have the option to start over and/or choose a temporary phone #.

It seems like there has been a few customers experiencing an issue with their Sim card not provisioning correctly upon activation. When this occurs with a port request it will leave the customer without active service.

If you choose a temporary new number if all goes well you just log in and port your number thru your account ( and putting your old Sim card back in your phone to reply YES to the porting authorization text).

If you get the provisioning issue you can at least maintain service on your old sim card while you wait for customer support to reply and fix the issue.

@Rohan101 Did you get a text message for authenticating the port out request on your old sim? You must reply YES to allow port in request. If you did that it should take about an hour to fully complete the porting and activation.

@Rohan101 

try this,   

1. Click Logout on top left of the screen
  2. Wait 5 mins for the system to configure on the back end. 
  3. Then log in again using the Email  and Password. 
  4. The app will then  sends a code to the Email again,.  Enter the code
  5. and you will see the prompt  'Confirm for Full Access' and your Activation will be completed after

if that does not work, open ticket with PM support by private message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.