cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation issue

GaWy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I set up a new account, ported my number and activated SIM card but I’m not connecting to the Public Mobile network? I received the SMS from my previous provider and replied yes and received notification from them that my account was closed but still not connecting to Public Mobile network? Help is appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11

@GaWy wrote:

@BKNS27 thanks. Porting was completed this morning. Old SIM has now been deactivated by the previous provider.

it appears that the service was never activated correclty by Public Mobile.  You'll need to open a ticket to ask a customer support agent to properly provision your service.  Tickets are opened using the chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

@GaWy wrote:

@computergeek541 yes, Public Mobile is there as an option. Previous provider was Koodo and using iPhone.

That at least rules out a compatibility issue as Koodo uses the same Telus network and any iPhone that works at Koodo would have at least 3g.

GaWy

@BKNS27 thanks. Porting was completed this morning. Old SIM has now been deactivated by the previous provider.

GaWy

@computergeek541 yes, Public Mobile is there as an option. Previous provider was Koodo and using iPhone.

@will13am wrote:

@GaWy wrote:

@will13am phone is set to automatically connect and account is active. Thanks.

When you do a search for networks, do you see Public Mobile as an option?

@GaWy 

In addition to the above, a Bell/Telus (Public) or even Rogers 3g if you're in 3g-only network mode would point to phone incompatibility for voice calls. Who is the previous provider and which model is the phone?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@GaWy 

There is a approximately 90 minute delay in completing the porting.

Meanwhile, you can still use your old SIM until the process is completed.

Remember to power off the phone whenever you are swapping the SIM in your phone.

@GaWy wrote:

When you do a search for networks, do you see Public Mobile as an option?

GaWy

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@GaWy , I take it the self serve account is showing active status.  Please check also that your phone is automatically connecting to the cellular network.  If you had usual manual connection with your previous provider the phone will always try to connect to that provider regardless of what SIM card is in the phone.  

GaWy

@HALIMACS thanks. I have rebooted the phone a few times and removed and reinserted the SIM card a few times but no luck. I’ll try the airplane mode suggestion and resetting network.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@GaWy 

Reboot your phone, reset network connections, or toggle airplane mode on and off.

This usually remedies a lot of these issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.