cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation issue. Visa Debit.

iba2016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to activate a line with a Visa Debit card and it's not working. I am getting the following error:

Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information.

The card works everywhere else and I have used it since the site rejected my method of payment. I've also contacted my bank and confirmed there is nothing wrong with the card. The billing address is 100% identical the address I put under the account and the page even specifically says Visa Debit works.

I'm kind of frustrated as I was really looking forward to switching to Public. The fact that publicmobile.ca says it accepts Visa debit was a big reason I bought the sim card. The sim card purchase page allows Paypal but the activation page does not which is also unusual.

Has anyone else had this issue and does anyone have a solution besides getting a voucher?

7 REPLIES 7

@LorraineT 

You might want to wait about one hour in between attempts.  Clearing cache, incognito mode or different browsers are other options.  As stated above, the address has to be exact to your banking information, leave apartment number blank, etc. 

If you are stlll having troubles, you can private message moderator, but wait times are 1-2 days.  If you need to pay right away, you could payment voucher in store or online via recharge.com (service fee).

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Login into your self serve account. Click on Payments and Add-ons tab bottom left there is a link Manage my payment select and enter the new cc info. Some tips no spaces for the  postal code and do not use a unit number.

LorraineT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Visa Debit card was registered with Public Mobile before and had no problems with online payments and transactions. I tried to remove the registered information and re-register the same card and this time, it got rejected. I tried registering it a number of times and it's the same message I'm getting that it is not accepted.
i called my banking institution and there's no hold on my card that i'm able to to use the same car for online purchases. What might be the problem this time that it is not being accepted here on Public Mobile site?
Please help!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@iba2016 wrote:

I'm trying to activate a line with a Visa Debit card and it's not working. I am getting the following error:

Sorry, we are unable to verify your card at this time. Please ensure your card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, contact your card provider for more information.

The card works everywhere else and I have used it since the site rejected my method of payment. I've also contacted my bank and confirmed there is nothing wrong with the card. The billing address is 100% identical the address I put under the account and the page even specifically says Visa Debit works.

I'm kind of frustrated as I was really looking forward to switching to Public. The fact that publicmobile.ca says it accepts Visa debit was a big reason I bought the sim card. The sim card purchase page allows Paypal but the activation page does not which is also unusual.

Has anyone else had this issue and does anyone have a solution besides getting a voucher?

I had this today as well with Visa Debit and last night with Amex.  Both are listed as accepted payments but both gave erros.  What I did yesterday was made the original activation on another credit card, then went and switched my payment method to the AMEX after.  Looks like I will have to do that as well for the second line.  Was hoping to be able to just Visa Debit.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

iba2016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I gave up and bought vouchers. I ended up paying HST twice though which sucks but better than dealing with that vague issue. Unfortunately, once I put in the vouchers and got to the end of the process... I got very odd message. It says I successfully activated and couldn't activate at the same time. I tried two times and got welcome emails but when I try to log in it says my email address isn't in the system... and it also seems to have created two different account numbers! When I click forgot password it says my email address is not in the system. I'm seriously regretting my decision now but I can't return these stupid vouchers either!! This is the worst. What should I do?! I can't even email Public without an active account! I feel like I've just been totally ripped off. Screenshot without personal info below.

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 4.06.39 PM copy.jpg

FrankNTS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Exact same thing happened to me. Tried at least 5 times.  Kind of frustrating.  Had to resort to a credit card. 

jigginsmcgee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have been unable to use my Visa Debit in the past. I believe that it's an ongoing problem but I'm pretty sure I've read that some people have had success?

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Visa-debit-won-t-register/td-p...

Need Help? Let's chat.