cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation error

Mindy208
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have already filled out the first step LET'S GET STARTED. And then the second step PHONE NUMBER ,I typed the previous account number and it said 404 ERROR and the website is down. I just updated refreshed and went back the first step. It says INVALID SIM and EMILIE ADDRESS is not available. 

8 REPLIES 8

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@amandapassmore wrote:

you may try turning off your phone, wait a few minutes and then turn it back on

Already fixed. It says that in earlier message. Turning phone off wouldn't fix a website error.

amandapassmore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

you may try turning off your phone, wait a few minutes and then turn it back on

Mindy208

Thanks everyone, I solved and finished activation. Have a great evening. 

@Mindy208 wrote:

I finished the first step and down. Now the SIM card and email seems to not available. How should I do?  It make me frustrated. 

Keep in mind, if you begin the process BEFORE the recommended time-frame and it fails as before, you'll have to wait ANOTHER hour before trying again.

Make sure to give it a full hour before trying.

Also, when filling out the information, avoid using the back button in the browser.  Make sure all information is filled out on each screen before proceeding to next.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mindy208 wrote:

I have already filled out the first step LET'S GET STARTED. And then the second step PHONE NUMBER ,I typed the previous account number and it said 404 ERROR and the website is down. I just updated refreshed and went back the first step. It says INVALID SIM and EMILIE ADDRESS is not available. 

@Mindy208 hi the system can be a little finicky at times things will get better clear your cache reboot and use ingognito mode you may have to wait an hour and try again   you can use the live chat for activations here  https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en welcome to Public 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Wait an hour the info is I. The system cache it resets itself in approx 60 or so minutes 

If you don't have a referral code ask someone who has helped you out and  you will get a $10 account credit.

Ignore all the spam messages offering you a referral. It's against community policy

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Mindy208 ,

This can happen sometimes, if you locked the SIM, no worries, try again in 50 minutes.

When you do try clear your browser's cache, open a tab in incognito mode and try the process again. Should be smooth sailing. 

fyi - the activation pages do not like the back button very much so try not to do that.

Mindy208

I finished the first step and down. Now the SIM card and email seems to not available. How should I do?  It make me frustrated. 

Need Help? Let's chat.