cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Number Transfer Unsuccessfully

cmson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did an activation with number transfer throgh the app which failed with an error. Then I get a txt message from my old provider and I answered YES. Next I put in my new PM Sim and now non one can reach me except PM numbers. Please help! I also can’t sum it a ticket I get site errors. 

9 REPLIES 9

Redmergs

Yes!! We figured it out.  Sasktel cancelled my account about 3 hours after I ported the number over.  Which should not have happened.  I had called to see if they needed me to do anything else once it was ported and Sasktel girl went ahead and cancelled the account then and there.  The number had not fully ported over, so PM called later in the day and asked me to go to Sasktel and reactivate my old account and number.  Did that, called back, and they got it sorted.  All switched over now! PM customer service was amazing. 

cmson

I suspect PM is overwhelmed with all the Black Friday activation and transfer activities. Logging into the app has been slow. Hopefully you’ll get your issue resolved soon. Did someone actually contact you?

Redmergs

Nice! Hopefully we can get mine working.  They said salted cancelled my account too fast but it was a few hours after the port authorization. We’ll see what happens! 

cmson

Yes , everything is now working on my Public Mobile SIM. 

Redmergs

Gotcha.  Is it still not working through your Public Mobile SIM/eSim? 

cmson

I wasn't contacted by anyone but suddenly it started working again, despite getting an error during the activation. At least now, I am getting calls and SMS from Rogers carrier.

Redmergs

Having the exact same issue. Did you get a fix? Thank you 🙂 

cmson

Other carriers cannot reach me. Only PM or Telus carrier can reach me. I messaged CS agent.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @cmson 

try reboot the phone and test inbound calls again from another carriers

if same, submit ticket with CS agent by messaging 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.