cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating account and port number

Jamesf44
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my new sim and , I received I text telling me to clink "contact us" and complete the sim and online activation and online form... What do I do??

8 REPLIES 8

goneinsan

I just ported over my parents number from bell. It took about 20 min but they could call out and use data but couldn’t receive calls. Went straight to there old mail box. 

If if your phones unlocked I’d Just Be patient it should complete the port.

@Jamesf44 wrote:

I just activated my new sim and , I received I text telling me to clink "contact us" and complete the sim and online activation and online form... What do I do??

That text message is an old and outdated response from Public Mobile. The information in it is no longer applicable and there is no contact us and sim and online activation form within that.   This message is generic error messages that is sent to customers who have requested a number port but have had the request fail.

As stated in this message thread, you will need to send message to Moderator_Team to get this fixed.  Be prepared to be able to provide your old cell company's account number so that they can resubmit another number portability request.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Also check your old sim if it still works. (making and receiving calls)

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you probably have a failed port and it needs to to be reinitated by mods.

see instructions below:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jamesf44 Please try to reboot your phone. Usually port over phone number takes up to 48 hours. I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

Jamesf44

And I do have a signal

Jamesf44

I can make calls but can't recive them , when I do call it shows the my number is ported over but still cannot recive

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jamesf44 Could you please let us know more details about the text message? You can make a call & received phone calls? Did your phone have a signal network?

Need Help? Let's chat.