cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated SIM card a month after registration and having to pay before due date

James-Shearing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have recently registered an account with Public Mobile. I registered my account a few months ago along with a 3 month plan of unlimited call and text Canada-wide and 3GB of data. The reason I'm posting a message is because I had only recently activated and started using my plan with my phone in late November but the due date for my 3 month plan payment is on December 20th, only 1 month later. I want some help with this because since my account wasn't in use until this time I would like the time that it wasn't to be added onto my plan. As you can imagine, I do not want to pay for 2 months that I didn't use. Thanks for your time, I hope I can get some help with this.

3 REPLIES 3

madhatter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@James-Shearing

As others have mentioned, it is a highly unusual way to sign up and activate your service. I think it would make it easier for others to understand if you explained why you have registered and paid up for the service two months ahead of time you need it. Also, we are just customers like you and can only point you in the right direction.

Privately message one of the mods ( @Mary_M , @Shazia_K or others) with your situation. Your message will go into common pool for all mods to review and assist. I am not sure they are obligated to reset the service start date, but there are many examples of them being nice, so they might do it for you just to have a happy customer. Be aware that the wait times for a response are very long at this time (~2 weeks).

edit: forgot to mention - if you put your phone number and account number into the private message to a mod (do not post them on the forum!), the time to respond/resolve may be quicker.

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@James-Shearing

This is a prepaid provider.

You pay up front and use the service as you wish.

You chose not to make use of the service for 2 months.

Why should PM compensate you for how you chose to use the service?

sedin88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would certainly hope this request is ignored.  You chose to sign up and begin a plan - it is nobody else's fault and now you will have to accept the consequences of your actions.

Need Help? Let's chat.