cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate SIM and port phone number

Exilebay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activated my new PublicMobile SIM card today, and requested to have my current cell phone number ported to PublicMobile (PM) as well. Just got a text from PM that told me I still had to activate the account and that I needed to click "Contact us" on the publicmobile.ca website. I could not find "Contact us" anywhere on the website. Now what do I do?

8 REPLIES 8

Exilebay

Thanks everyone for your input. This is not as easy a process as we first thought, a bit complicated actually, and not sure it has worked yet.

Exilebay

Thanks, didn't realize I had to be logged in to the community to send a message, took an hour to figure that out too.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Exilebay wrote:

Activated my new PublicMobile SIM card today, and requested to have my current cell phone number ported to PublicMobile (PM) as well. Just got a text from PM that told me I still had to activate the account and that I needed to click "Contact us" on the publicmobile.ca website. I could not find "Contact us" anywhere on the website. Now what do I do?

This means failed port. Failed port cannot be fixed yourself.  Get the info about your old company account and give that to the moderators.  

cathy121

im having troble with my cell i got a new cell my dog droped it in the tolet  i been trying to get it to work i can call or use it  i dont known how to take the talk off 

Freebody
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm not sure if this will help you but it worked for me so it's worth a try. I just restarted my phone and it worked.

Hope that helps

acmethod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you’d like to port the number with the help of the moderators. Here’s the instructions I received:

In order for Public Mobile to protect the privacy of our customers, can I kindly ask you to access the authentication link ( click here ), follow one of the options and get back to me once you've completed it ?

Alternatively, if the link is not a viable option, can you provide me with your Public Mobile phone number and 4-digit PIN code?

Since we are going to port your Koodo number, can I also have that number alongside with the Koodo account number or PIN code ?

In order for me to submit the request, I will also need an alternate contact number and a confirmation that the line with Koodo is active and in good standing at the moment!

acmethod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just went through this process. Now that you’re activated, use the “transfer wireless” option on the “change number” page. There’s a link in my profile box on the main pair when you log into your account.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@ExilebayYou can send a private message to a moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They may take between a few hours and 2 days to respond.

Need Help? Let's chat.