cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account verification

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I sent a request to the mods along with my account number and PIN to verify my account. Thats has always been enough for them to look into things and correct my account because of the PIN.  All I'm asking them is to check my autopay reward, not change the account. Now I get a reply back looking for more info. Being very careful, I question why the PIN was not enough. So has anyone had a similar request?

verify.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

While this verification system has been in place for a while, there are big holes in the process and I continue to rely on the so called alternative option.  The username option for verification doesn't work because it does not support email alias.  I use email alias on all my accounts.  Since I manage multiple accounts, sending an sms off to the affected account is not practical.  What if the interaction has to do with a suspended account.  Oops, two swings, two strikes.  What I do is provide verification information in the private message and inform the moderators that I cannot do the verification form due to the aforementioned reasons.  They don't ask and just proceed with resolving my issue.  Until such time that they offer the proper options for verification, it will continue to be the workaround for me and likely many others.  I don't how hard it is to incorporate security question or account PIN into the verification options.  That would help.  The dog brand uses PIN code for live chat interactions. 

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@RobertQc  & @GR  Thank you both for your help.  I'll go ahead now and verify the account. Funny thing is I've asked several times before to have my autopay reward corrected and never been asked this new system of verification.  Cheers

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Lar wrote:

I sent a request to the mods along with my account number and PIN to verify my account. Thats has always been enough for them to look into things and correct my account because of the PIN.  All I'm asking them is to check my autopay reward, not change the account. Now I get a reply back looking for more info. Being very careful, I question why the PIN was not enough. So has anyone had a similar request?

verify.JPG

@Lar  for most issues with the moderator team this is how you verify you are the account owner. This change was made December 2018 and effects everyone for most account issues. If you ask a general question you do not need to verify, but if you would have given a pin before this is the replacement method to verify your identity. Please see this offical post https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-how-you-verify-that-you-re-t...

GR
Mayor / Maire

Last month I read something that they prefer you don't include your pin in the message and then they send you the link that you can sign in or verify by text!  I did it the new way a few times and it works good, just reply to their message after you have verified your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.