cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account transfer from Rogers issue

Distinctly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

Last night, I transferred three accounts from Rogers to PM.  Two of the accounts (mine and my wife's) are iOS devices, and one (my daughter's) is an Android device.

Everything seems to have gone well with my account and my wife's, but there has been a transfer glitch with my daughter's.  She seems to have full service, but her account is still live with Rogers.

Here is what I experienced:

Website interaction

• Everything done via the website for all three accounts went fine.

Account/Phone Number Transfers

• My account/number took about an hour to fully transfer over (an hour from the immediate, first AutoPay reward SMS to the final "Your transfer request has been completed successfully" message).
  • My wife's took about 30 minutes for the same.
  • My daughter didn't receive the first AutoPay reward SMS, but she did receive the PIN SMS and "transfer request has been completed successfully" SMS.  There was about 30 minutes between (her PM web account does show that she is set-up for AutoPay). 

Phone service:

• I could make phone calls from my phone within about five minutes.  It took about 15 minutes for my phone to be able to receive calls.
  • My wife's phone could make calls within about the same timeframe, and it took about 30 minutes before her phone could receive calls.
  • My daughter's phone could make calls within the same timeframe.  If I call my daughter's phone from my phone (on the PM network), the call goes through.  If I call her phone from our home number (local phone provider external of the PM network), it goes right to voicemail every time.

This morning, I called Rogers to ensure that our accounts had fully transferred over and we would no longer be billed.  They told me that both my account and my wife's had fully transferred over to PM, but that my daughter's account was still active with Rogers.  They also told me that there is an issue on the PM side, which PM needs to resolve.

If Rogers cancels my daughter's account, then she will lose her phone number.  We don't want this to happen.

Summary

• My daughter's SIM card is activated and live.
  • She can call from her phone to any other phone (within or outside of the PM network).
  • Only phones on the PM network can reach her phone (internal routing).  Calls originating from outside the PM network go straight to her Rogers voicemail.
  • Her phone did receive the "Your transfer request has been completed successfully" SMS.
  • The transfer did not actually complete successfully, and her account is still live with Rogers

What I need

• I need PM to reinitiate the transfer.
  • I don't want to have to purchase another SIM card.
  • We do not want to have to resort to a new phone number.
  • I'd like to resolve this without Rogers billing me further (which will occur until my daughter's account is successfully transferred to PM).

If it helps with anyone's suggestions, I have an extremely technical background, and I'm very familiar with carriers, their plans, how this process works, etc.  But, I'm new to PM.  I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this request, as this is too public of a forum to send private information.  If this is not the correct forum, please point me in the right direction or how to get in touch (electronic or otherwise) with a PM employee who can resolve this.  I unsuccessfully searched through the forum messages for a similar experience, and I also looked at the PM Facebook site (which pointed me back here).

Thanks in advance!

D

5 REPLIES 5

Distinctly

Hi all,

It turns out there is also another issue.  I apparently hadn't tried calling my wife's phone from a number outside of the PM network.  When I do, I get the message, "The cellular number you have called is not assigned.  Please check the number and try the call again."

I'm pretty sure this automated attendant message is also Rogers', so it looks like my wife's port may not have happened correctly, either.  On Rogers' end, they say the number has been transferred.

These are not auspicious beginnings...

I have messaged the Moderator_Team about both of these, now.

Thanks for your replies.  I haven't heard back from them yet, but I'll update this thread with any results.

D

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Welcome to the service and thank you for sharing the activation experience.  This will be helpful to other new customers.  Anyway, it is likely the porting failed on one of the accounts.  These things can happen.  The moderator team should be able to resubmit the port.  As for what to do on the Rogers side, make sure that they leave the account in active status so the number can be ported. 

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Distinctly,

Thank you for the detailed breakdown of the events and analysis. It appears that your daughter's port encountered an issue during the transfer process and it will need to be looked at by the Moderators.

Please send a message to the Moderators using the below link and be sure to include your daughter's account details such as account number, phone number, pin and desscription of the issue:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The Moderators will be able to complete the port for your daughter.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Welcome to PM

you need o get the mods toresrat the port.

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address , pin number if possible
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread
- if its a porting issue include your sim number, old account name and account number

Distinctly

Just an addon note:

I just found the option to send a private message to Moderator_Team.

I'll update on my experience for others' future reference.

D

Need Help? Let's chat.