cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account temp deactivated. How can I tell when I reach 90 days

kelt67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My Phone was stolen abroad, I'm still abroad and my account is on temporary hold. 

I want to keep my old number, but how can I tell when the 90 day limit is up in order to not go beyond that thereby having to get a new phone number? I want to retain my old number of the stolen phone.

7 REPLIES 7

kelt67

Thanks. Good point.

I've set a reminder for August 10th. 

Thanks again for your help.

@kelt67   Glad to know you got it sorted out. 

Make sure you try to re-activate a week before the deadline date. It gives you some buffer in case there is any login issue or payment issue. You don't want to wait till the last day to reactivate just in case any problem.

kelt67

Hey Softtech, just a quick thanks for your help. I called the number as suggested and got the information of the date when the temporary suspension was put in place. 20th May, so I shall reactivate in mid August before I return to Canada.

kelt67

Thank you all for your replies.

I was on Pre-authorized payments but put that on hold after I went travelling. I just can't recall what date I put it on hold, hence not exactly sure when the 90 days is up. 

Softech's suggestion "Call 1-855-4PUBLIC and enter your phone number and it will tell you the date" sounds promising.

@softech wrote:

@kelt67 Call 1-855-4PUBLIC and enter your phone number and it will tell you the date

or if you can find your last credit card transaction for PM, add 120 days to it (30 days for that cycle + 90 days after)

Using credit card transaction dates won't always work because we don't know if the customer is using pre-authorized payments at Publci Mobile and we also don't know if there was already balance leftover in the account.

@kelt67 wrote:

My Phone was stolen abroad, I'm still abroad and my account is on temporary hold. 

I want to keep my old number, but how can I tell when the 90 day limit is up in order to not go beyond that thereby having to get a new phone number? I want to retain my old number of the stolen phone.

Try logging into your Public Mobile Self Serve account. If you can either get in or are prompted for a 2FA authentication code, it hasn't been 90 days yet.  Otherwise, the account will have been closed already.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kelt67 Call 1-855-4PUBLIC and enter your phone number and it will tell you the date

or if you can find your last credit card transaction for PM, add 120 days to it (30 days for that cycle + 90 days after)

Need Help? Let's chat.