cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended Early and Without Warning

Grant_J
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My mom's phone just got suspended, she first signed up on October 11th so the 90 days shouldn't end until January 9th. She had tried logging in to top up her account, the payment went through but said the account would be reinstated January 9th, which isn't really acceptable since that should be when it's paid to. 

*NOTE: I'm dealing with this since she doesn't have a data connection anymore and is out of Wi-Fi areas.

I logged in to her account and I'm greeted with this message:

Your account has been suspended.Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.

Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service

I'm also seeing December 3rd as the expiry date:

• Amount due to top-up your previous plan $135.00
  • Plan Expiry Date: Dec 3, 2016
  • Account Deactivation Date: Jan 3, 2017
  • Current Balance: $0.00
  • Interestingly, the last activity on the account was on December 2nd, when a roaming plan was added. That roaming plan also caused her to lose texting capability for a few days when it expired.

Autoplay is enabled on the account, so hopefully she won't end up being double charged this month. 

I realize this is after hours, but hopefully it can be fixed quickly tomorrow. I'll send a PM to @Mary_M with her account info so it can get dealt with early.

Thanks,

Grant

14 REPLIES 14

Davidclatney
    Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am also having the same problem. I payed my monthly account on march 27th 2019 and my account was supsended on April 23rd 2019. Which means i should have 3 more days of service at least.

I ended up having to pay today on the 23rd of April because i need my phone activeated. But this means that i have to pay in the 22nd of May. Which means I'm still missing my 3 days of service.

Please Help.

Mary_M
    Retraité / Retired
    Retraité / Retired

you're very welcome!

Enjoy your weekend @Grant_J

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Grant_J
    Self serve looks good, and the phone is working properly!

Thanks @Mary_M!

Grant

Mary_M
    Retraité / Retired
    Retraité / Retired

Hey @Grant_J,

Sorry about the delay and to hear that your services still don't work. I was able to make this right for you, and also upgrade to the promo plan - can you please power cycle, test your services and view your self-serve account?

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Grant_J

Ahh, crap. Looks like none of my posts this afternoon made it in time. I realize everyone wants to go home for the weekend, but it kind of sucks to close support by 2:30 Pacific time. 

Maybe I could wake up to a working phone? 

Grant_J

Well at least I know it's not 100% disabled. Just got this text [edit: on her phone] from 4704:

Public Mobile: For a chance to win a $250 prepaid credit card, complete a free survey about your last call to a Public Mobile customer service rep. Reply YES

I noticed there were also 2 more pm texts this morning:

Public Mobile here. Just a heads up, your payment is due on Jan 09. If you're on AutoPay or have already paid, please ignore this message.

Congrats! Rewards have been applied to your account: $0 friend referrals, $6 AutoPay, $0 Community, $0 Loyalty. More info at publicmobile.ca/selfserve.

jaswest2754
    Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
    It's not all the accounts it's a major bug but I used the USA roaming on two phones and nothing messed up. It does need to be fixed as it does effect a large amount of users.

imm1304
    Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Lets see if we can get @Mary_M to take a look.  

Hang in there, @Grant_J

Grant_J

Update time. Unfortunately it's not positive 😞

She forgot her phone at home this morning but couldn't let me know so I was only now able to reboot it. No luck. I'm getting a "you don't have an active long distance add-on/this call is not covered by your plan" when attempting an outgoing call and when I try calling it from my phone it goes straight to voicemail. Trying to use data just brings up this page:

Screenshot_20170106-151421.png

I logged into her self serve again and it appears to be back to normal. There is a weird $11 10 day add-on showing up but it's fully credited. The plan was also renewed but it didn't update to the November promo which should have been future dated for this upcoming Monday.

Here's a screenshot of recent transactions as well to show the weird add-on:

Screenshot_20170106-151957.png

I hope this will finally be sorted out soon. Fortunately she has an office landline (it's in the boonies so no service anyway) but the cell is kind of important over the weekends.

Edit: should probably tag @Shazia_K again just to make sure I squeeze in before closing time.

Grant_J
    Looks like it has been fixed. I sent a PM last night and I've already received a reply from @Shazia_K saying I just need to reboot her phone.

Hopefully she's in wifi so I can let her know, haha.

imm1304
    Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Grant_J

Sorry to hear about this.  A number of accounts experienced similar early suspension and all seem to have purchased the US roaming add-on before the PM team fixed the bugs that came to light after the US roaming was launched.  I presume that new US roaming add-ons are safe to purchase now as we were told that the issues have been fixed.

In the meantime, have one of the mods restore service on your mom's account asap.  Have you sent a private message with your mom's phone number to the mods yet?  Don't worry, the delays of the promo days are behind us and you can expect a solution today.  

Grant_J
    It almost seems as though the US roaming is treated as a plan instead of an add-on.

It really sucks, the announcement of the roaming sealed the deal on switching my mom over. She travels to the states quite often and her old plan had pretty seamless roaming. Doesn't help to save money on a phone that doesn't work though.

I don't think we've exactly figured out what is happening but ever since the introduction of U.S. roaming, we've been reading about a bunch of cases in which the billing system seems to think that the end date of the add-on package is the end date of the base plan, or something along those lines.  I'm sure Public Mobile will fix this for you, but I can't help but think these types of strange billing/account glitches should have been mostly fixed during the prolonged beta/Telus buy-out stage.

will13am
    Oracle
    Oracle

They really need to fix the roaming addon bug.  It seems like anyone adding that to their account ends up with account suspension. 

Need Help? Let's chat.