cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental Phone Number Change

JoshuaH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Public Mobile + Community!

I'm a new customer (thank you for providing us with an alternative to the big telecom companies), and have been enjoying the telephone service I've received thus far!  As I was given a random number when I signed up for my plan - my account was set up by a customer service agent at a kiosk - I had hoped to change my number to something more suitable to my desires. 

I went through the process of doing so in the 'My Account' section, refreshing the page in hopes of finding a number that would jive with me.  At one point, I accidentally accepted a number that was pre-selected (as there was no further confirmation), and I'm now unable to change it again.  Is there anything that can be done?  I've since found a number that I would prefer - if that change can be made I'd be most appreciative.  I can PM whomever, whatever information is required.

Thank you!

Joshua

7 REPLIES 7

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 thanks bud, you are awesome 

@Wonder_why, if you are wanting to change your number?  No you do not need a new sim, the number change will just associate a new number to your existing SIM.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I am not trying to hi jack the threads,to change phone number, do I need new sim card ?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am sure the moderator team would have little problem with doing another number change.  However, the preferred number may not be so easy to retrieve and would be subject to availability.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@JoshuaH welcome to public mobile. 

if you send a nice private message to @CS_Agent explaining your issue and explaining that it was a mistake, they maybe able to help you out as a one time exception. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@JoshuaH, welcome to PM where did you get customer service at a kiosk to activate your account?  Was this at a WOW mobile Boutique?  That is the only place I can think of that would offer in person service.  As stated there is something about only 1 number change every so often, but you can message a mod and see if there is anythign that they can do for you. 

To message a MOD for assistance, click on this link Moderator Team
to send a private message .
In your message please include:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Hi @JoshuaH

Sorry about that mistake...

Usually the rule is that you can only change number once every 30 days.

You can try sending a private message to the mods and see if they can do something about it or not... Follow this link and provide your current phone number as well as account number and a description of your problem: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hope this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.