cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A More Tangible Solution

Kenneth22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I thought I would post a more tangible solution for people having problems with their service.

1) This only applies if you don't want to stay with Public Mobile and you still have your number active with your original provider:

Contact you credit card company, explain to them about the problem, and file a chargeback.

2) If Public Mobile finally sorts your problem and refuses to apply credit for the delay:

File a complaint via CRTC. The more people file a complaint, the more likely it is for CRTC to look into the issue.

There are different definition for theft and stealing, but I think taking people's money without offering them the advertised service is considered to be stealing. PM can provide a refund and after they sort the problem ask people to make the payment to activate their account.

1 REPLY 1

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kenneth22 wrote:

I thought I would post a more tangible solution for people having problems with their service.

1) This only applies if you don't want to stay with Public Mobile and you still have your number active with your original provider:

Contact you credit card company, explain to them about the problem, and file a chargeback.

2) If Public Mobile finally sorts your problem and refuses to apply credit for the delay:

File a complaint via CRTC. The more people file a complaint, the more likely it is for CRTC to look into the issue.

There are different definition for theft and stealing, but I think taking people's money without offering them the advertised service is considered to be stealing. PM can provide a refund and after they sort the problem ask people to make the payment to activate their account.

Public Mobile does give service credits for failed port issues.  I helped two friends with getting their stuck porting unstuck.  In both cases, their account start date was reset to the date in which the port completed.  This adjustment was made without major contest.  From this perspective, there is nothing to worry about.

For those that have a failed port, I would think the service with the original provider would continue to work as normal.  At least that was the case for my two friends.  They had to endure two extra weeks with the original provider.

Regardless of issue and overall inconvenience to the customer, it is unacceptable to have a 12 day lead time to problem investigation.  I would have thought that as service tickets started piling up, something tangible (as seen from the eyes of the customer) would have been done to limit the bow wave.  It was disappointing that Dave did not speak to any measures to communicate directly with those that still have outstanding tickets to give them greater detail on estimated time in which their case individual would be looked at.  That personal touch would go a long way to addressing anxiety.  A generalized message that they are 12 days behind merely fuels additional anger. 

Need Help? Let's chat.