cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90-day plan; add US roaming

John46
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am already on an autopay plan (every 90 days).  The various screens about paying for US roaming seem to imply that I must prepay for US roaming.

I want to know if I need to top-up my account at PM before purchasing US roaming add-ons or will the add-ons appear on my next bill from PM.

7 REPLIES 7

John46

Brilliant!  How did I miss that in my original searches?!?!?!

Many thanks for finding it and giving me the link.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@John46 more details if you would like a walk-through of the process:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@John46, You seem to understand it perfectly.  Enjoy your trip.

John46

Since I'm on auto-pay from my CC, I guess that means doing step 1 for each of the two add-ons and then, afterwards, doing step 2 for each of the two plans.

This works well for me because I can do step 1 for each of the add-ons now then wait until just before I head to the airport and doing step 2 for each of the two plans at that time.  That way I'll know for certain that the money has been successfully pre-loaded into my account.  Otherwise, I would be in the position of, on the day I leave, doing step 1 and step 2 for one add-on, then doing step 1 and step 2 for the second add-on and hoping that the money gets "deposited" so I can use the two add-ons.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

i believe you can just need load enough money into the account all at once, and then can proceed to add the add-ons.

John46

Thank you so much for that answer!

I'm actually going to buy two add-ons: US roaming (talk, text, 250MB data) plus US roaming (1GB data). So I presume that I do steps 1 and 2 for US roaming (talk, text, 250MB data) and then do steps 1 and 2 again for US roaming (1GB data).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The purchasing of US add-ons is done manually.  It is a two step process where in step 1 the desired add-on is selected and completion of this step will result in funds being taken from the payment card on file and placed in the account.  By going back and redoing the purchase, the funds in the account from step 1 is applied to actually making the purchase.  When step 2 is completed successfully, the funds in account should be gone and the add-on will show up in the overview.  The add-on timer starts immediately upon successful purchase. 

Need Help? Let's chat.