Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6GB for $40 now being offered for Koodo switch

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just got a text 6GB for $40

GOKOODO406GB

ublic Mobile here. Con: A deal this good won't last too long. Pro: 6GB for $40. That's right, an extra 2GB! We're all about giving you choice, so if you're craving more data for the same price, join Koodo by March 15. Get 6GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide minutes for $40/month plus you may qualify for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. And get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for . Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO406GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

475 REPLIES 475

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@C_Mase:

That's the one! I just tried it again myself and it worked.

If you are not getting to where it asks for your phone number then make sure you're putting it in properly - I know you said you were but make sure the O (oh's) and 0 (zeroes) are correct.

@C_Mase, if that is the text you got I would private message a Moderator and ask them to check to see if your number is included with this offer.  The link to message them is in my signature.  Provide phone number, PIN and email address for identity verification in your PRIVATE message to them

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

C_Mase
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Here is my message from PM on 2018.03.06:

Public Mobile here. Con: A deal this good won't last too long. Pro: 6GB for $40. That's right, an extra 2GB! We're all about giving you choice, so if you're craving more data for the same price, join Koodo by March 15. Get 6GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide minutes for $40/month plus you may qualify for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. And get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for . Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO406GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

@srlawren I entered this code exactly and it comes back as invalid, I haven't yet had the opportunity to enter my phone number. 

Thanks!

koimr1

@C_Masewrote:

Is this true even though I received the text message from Public Mobile with the promo code included?

What is your promo code and what PM plan are you on now? Also, when did you get the text message? Actually, if you can just type the text out here that would be helpful.

There's now been several Koodo promos targetting a few PM plans now, I am wondering if you might be on one of the legacy plans and the promo has expired.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@C_Mase if you got the text, you *should* be qualified for the promo plan.  Are you sure you entered the code correctly?  After you enter it, it should prompt you for a verification code, which is your 10-digit Public Mobile phone number (without any spaces or punctuation).  Did you enter that correctly also?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

C_Mase

Is this true even though I received the text message from Public Mobile with the promo code included?

@C_Masewrote:

Hey There,

Wondering if you can send over the referral link? The promo code isn't working for me on the website either.

Thanks!

If the code isn't working for you then you were not apart of the targeted promo

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

C_Mase

Hey There,

Wondering if you can send over the referral link? The promo code isn't working for me on the website either.

Thanks!

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Foxjig1wrote:

Where is this Walmart? I checked it at one in Mississauga... 

Pickering / Oshawa

Foxjig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Where is this Walmart? I checked it at one in Mississauga... 

@slavitchwrote:

I called the Koodo Web Store at 18445663697 and cancelled my order, including the SIM billing. All charges were reversed. You need your order number and your pin.

I finally got ahold of someone but was told that the phone and sim were already shipped.  I was told that I should just refuse the package and that they would refund even the sim card charge.  I was surprised about that last part.  I was also told that there would be no need to cancel the plan because they noted that they would put a block on the activation of the sim card and service.

slavitch

I called the Koodo Web Store at 18445663697 and cancelled my order, including the SIM billing. All charges were reversed. You need your order number and your pin.

koimr1

If it helps anyone you can change your PM plan to a cheaper one if it's going to renew before you can activate with Koodo.

I asked a Koodo rep if I could do this and they replied that it would be fine, the promo plan is set when you first order and all they need to do a port is an active number.

MEU_21

@viviantung92wrote:

i ordered my sim on 11th but it is still not shipped yet. Can I refund a sim card if I havent activated it? I am actually tryin to cancel the order as my renewal happens on 19th. If it takes 10 business days to ship it, then i probably cant wait for that long.

Seeing how short you are on time to transfer your PM account, I would just go the store and activate there on another SIM. Best deals are probably at WOW now, but everything is in a state of flux right now.  When your new SIM arrives in mail, just toss it out.

@viviantung92wrote:

i ordered my sim on 11th but it is still not shipped yet. Can I refund a sim card if I havent activated it? I am actually tryin to cancel the order as my renewal happens on 19th. If it takes 10 business days to ship it, then i probably cant wait for that long.

Sorry, but sim cards are non-refundable at all cariers.  You would prpbably get a refund on it if the order gets cancelled before shipment, but good luck with that. I am trying to get an order cancelled but Koodo won't respond to email (they're being slow at it) and they aren't answering the phone either.  For me, it's a case of me deciding to stay with Public Mobile.

viviantung92

MEU_21

@Hmmwrote:

@Foxjig1wrote:

Hi guys I checked with my local Walmart they are not giving free Sim cards for Koodo migration. 

Walmart is the last place you should expect any free SIM cards from any carrier unless it's part of a promotion. If you can get away with it, run out of the store immediately and buy a lottery ticket.

I got it for free at Walmart. Before I could ask - they just threw it in.

mimmo

My sim was just shipped ordered March 11 shipped 13th

Hmm

@Foxjig1wrote:

Hi guys I checked with my local Walmart they are not giving free Sim cards for Koodo migration. 

Walmart is the last place you should expect any free SIM cards from any carrier unless it's part of a promotion. If you can get away with it, run out of the store immediately and buy a lottery ticket.

Anyone who's ordered onlne might be in for a fun ride.  For me, I'm decided to cancel my order and stay with Public Mobile.

I know Public Mobile gets a lot of slack about the self-serve philosophy and for the wait times in receiving responses, but while I'm simply trying to cancel an order with Koodo, it's proving to be frustrating.  I sent an e-mail to Koodo webstore on Saturday asking them to cancel. Thus far, no response. I realize that Koodo must be super busy, so I'll let that slide.  But when you call them even during their strange Tuesday to Friday 3pm-9pm hours, they don't even answer the phone.  You get told to just leave a message after only about 2 minutes on hold.  Well, I did leave a message through e-mail and they didn't answer and that's why I'm calling them.   It almost seems like a 1 or 2 person operation.

So, I can't even imagine how it's going to be in the next few days for people who order online if they call in to get an update or make changes to their orders.

srlawren

@v3nice did you complete step 1 of registering for the referral before last Friday?  If so, they should honour it.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

v3nice

@marsbarwrote:

@mimmo I haven't done anything yet. Just got the referral credit set up with my referrer (mother-in-law) $25 credit as the $100 links even now say $25 (I checked of the users that had the link up here and they all say $25 on click through even though their message on this forum I clicked using says $100, Koodo now says the amount will be $25). So I'd rather get my MIL $25 off her bill instead of someone who might have already hit their $300 cap.

Trying to figure out if I can even get a SIM from Koodo online for free now, but the PM-SIM-0 code doesn't work anymore when I try to order the SIM online now. Also I see this Heads-Up message:

"Heads Up! Due to the high number of recent orders, your phone may take 10 business days or more to be processed. Sit tight! We're working as fast as we can."

which makes me wonder if I'll even be able to get everything done by the March 15th deadline. Debating just going into the closest store on my lunch break tomorrow to grab a SIM. Hopefully, they can do it faster than online and have SIMs in store for me to grab one (even if it then can't be free).

Wondering if this means a horrible migration experience for me.... 😞 Almost debating not doing it at all if it weren't for that $100 bill credit.

My fault, I shouldn't have left ordering a SIM until this late.

I didn't get the $100 referral credit either. Contacted Koodo and they claimed the offer only valid until March 9th. It is ridiculous as when I received the referral link, it say offer valids limited time and you must activate your account within 30 days, no mentioning of the offer only valid until March 9th. I activated my account within a week, and ofcourse Telus being Telus, they are not honouring what they promote.

MEU_21

@Mr-Bumpwrote:

Hoping someone clarify something for me. Is this promo just for select PM customers? I never got the SMS, can I get the promo?

Yes. The fall 2016 promo group (12GB for $120 over 90 days).

MEU_21

@Foxjig1wrote:

Try another Walmart or try to get their manager to approve it. I had no problems - the lady didn't even ask for the free SIM promo code (PM-SIM-0)

Mr-Bump

Hoping someone clarify something for me. Is this promo just for select PM customers? I never got the SMS, can I get the promo?

Foxjig1

srlawren

@martina either go into a Koodo retail location before Thursday or get your online order placed by then and they will hnour it. You will get the original $100 "good will" credit but can only hey a $25 referral credit now even if you go the online route (unless you already completed step 1 of the referral process last week before they discontinued the $100 referral bonus promo)

mimmo

@martina the $100 credit for refer a friend is now gone only 25$

You can go to koodo add a sim and then enter the promo code with you phone number. If you qualify you will be able to get the promo plan.  You can get a new number assigned and once the sim arrives you can port your number.

The migration plan includes a $100 bill credit as part of the offer to offset the lost costs by porting away.

martina

Hi there,

I'd also like to migrate from PM to Koodo to get the 6GB for $40.  I'm hoping to do this online.  It's March 12th... do you think I can still make the March 15th deadline?

Can I still get the $100 credit if I do the migration online?

I pay for 3 months of PM service at a time, and still have 2 months left til my next bill.  I guess I'll just have to lose the 2 months if I switch to Koodo.  

martina

Hi there,

I'd also like to migrate from PM to Koodo to get the 6GB for $40.  I'm hoping to do this online.  It's March 12th... do you think I can still make the March 15th deadline?

Can I still get the $100 credit if I do the migration online?

I pay for 3 months of PM service at a time, and still have 2 months left til my next bill.  I guess I'll just have to lose the 2 months if I switch to Koodo.  

Need Help? Let's chat.