cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*611 doesn't provide minutes/text left on $10 talk&text plan

nolongholds
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New to PM.  Always had the cheap pay per use plans due to not using the phone much (at least before anyway)

Have just the $10 monthly 50 min. & 50 texts.  No add-ons.  Without constantly logging into my account, is there  a way to find out how many minutes and texts are left on my plan via the phone.  The only option when using *611 is to check the add-on balance and the other balance that is provided during *611 is the dollar amount of the account -- nothing about minutes.  

Thanks!

Also, if I am in the middle of a call and I run out of minutes am I just cut off?

In the future I will probably be adding add'l minutes as an add-on.  I just want to see how much I use the phone first.

4 REPLIES 4

nolongholds
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the responses.  I'll do the Plan add-on for the extra minutes once I feel I need them.

As noted by z10user4, for $15 you can by and Add-On that will provide 400mins of Canada and International calling that last as long as the minutes last...they don't expire at the end of the month as long as your plan is active. Navigate to the Add-Ons to look at other options as well. Good luck.

@nolongholds

Welcome to Public mobile.  

Yes, you only can check online via self service account for the official version of what is left on your plan.  

The nice perk about the add ons (even though somewhat expensive, especially data) is that the add on does not expire.  Any left over minutes or data roll over to the next months.  Unfortuately, there is no text add on at the present time.  

If you run out earlier, you can private message moderator to renew your plan earlier if needed in the future.  But, safer to just buy a talk on.....  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nolongholds wrote:

New to PM.  Always had the cheap pay per use plans due to not using the phone much (at least before anyway)

Have just the $10 monthly 50 min. & 50 texts.  No add-ons.  Without constantly logging into my account, is there  a way to find out how many minutes and texts are left on my plan via the phone.  The only option when using *611 is to check the add-on balance and the other balance that is provided during *611 is the dollar amount of the account -- nothing about minutes.  

Thanks!

Also, if I am in the middle of a call and I run out of minutes am I just cut off?

In the future I will probably be adding add'l minutes as an add-on.  I just want to see how much I use the phone first.

Interestingly no there isn't a way to know where you're at with texts and minutes. Maybe your phone has a tracking app?

Yes it will drop the call.

Welcome.

I have the same plan. I have the 200 minutes and the 200mb add-ons. The 400 minutes is slightly cheaper per minute.

Need Help? Let's chat.