cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Network Poor Performance Showing Service but Public Mobile not providing Service.

PKMobile
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Moved from Fido 4G Network to Public Mobile 5G Network and my service has gone down substantially. How did my service on 4G Network work whenever I needed, but on a 5G network, my phone will not get service and will show false reception service?

For the past two weeks I can no longer use my phone at work. Texts will not send, web pages will not load, apps will not open. I have tried submitting a support ticket and the website keeps giving me errors. Public Mobile will show me that I have 2 bars of service at LTE or 3G when at my workplace. Unfortunately, nothing will load or work with this LTE or 3G service. If Fido showed me 1 or 2 bars service, whether LTE or 3G, my phone would always work and load the things I needed, including sending texts. Public Mobile will show you that your phone has service but in fact it will not have service. It should show NO SERVICE if LTE or 3G will not work. And on top of all this, this is a 5G Network that I am now on.

There is no phone number to contact Public Mobile. They make the customer jump through hoops for basic service. Stay away from this company. I will be porting out and cancelling my service as soon as I can.

5G Network Poor Performance Showing Service but Public Mobile not providing Service.

6 REPLIES 6

PKMobile

Apple IPhone 12.

I was previously on a 4g network with Fido and at my workplace my phone would always work. 

Now that I am on 5g network with public mobile, I am no longer receiving reception at my work place. This is unfortunate because I cannot contact my family during the shift, check finances, load apps, etc from my work anymore. 

PM asked me to do a network speed test to see what speeds I am receiving. The Speed Test will not even run at my workplace due to loss of reception. It will say connecting until it says failed (cannot complete a test due to no network). Message I receive is that test failed to complete due to no network connection. 

And yes networks have been reset etc. 

@PKMobile 

what brand and model your phone?

and you said 4G works? what speed you are getting?

you tried clicking "Reset All Networks" or "Reset Network Settings" on your phone?

PKMobile

Yes it is very unfortunate. I wish I knew this prior to signing up. Public Mobile is not worth it.

Other companies can have similar prices, but actually provide better service.

I was paying the same price for 4G Network Service, and after switching to 5G Network Service, my actual phone reception and service has gone down dramatically, to the point of not being able to use the phone !

I get "low cost plans" but when the service is not even provided, a low cost plan turns into a fee for partial service. After moving to a 5G Network, I now experience reception outages, false reception data, texts that will not send, apps that will not load, web pages that will not load. And I have screenshots that show there is LTE service but nothing will load.

@PKMobile It’s all online unfortunately and I’m just a customer like you trying to help . Not everyone likes this type of support . But everything can be fixed . But not having live support is why we get to enjoy low cost plans 

PKMobile

I tried to submit a ticket, many times now, and keep receiving an error message. Would be great if Public Mobile had a phone number. I would not have subscribed to Public Mobile if I knew that there is no one to speak to when issues arise.

I will try to message a CS Agent. When they contact back, is it by phone or all online ?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PKMobile You can use this link to submit ticket with support 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After submitting ticket keep an eye on your community inbox for their reply , or you can use this link to the community in box

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Need Help? Let's chat.