cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g/15GB at $40 plan No price increase?

Optical24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile is offering a plan that everyone probably has seen (4G with 15GB for $40). Does anyone know if this is like a year promotion where the price will increase after a certain time? Because right now, I'm on a 90-day plan  (12gb/4G/ for $120/90day) since 2016, and the price has never increased.

Thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9

Dragonking187

I got that call back in 2018 about the change. But I never converted and I'm still with pm. Been a member since 2016

agent942

@JK8 

Screenshot saved as well!  Thanks for the suggestion!

@agent942 

Yes, even if the offer is no longer listed as long as you have it set for next renewal it will be honoured. To be on the safe side screenshot the renewal date with the plan in your account as proof in case something goes wrong.

agent942

Sorry to jump in here, but the mention in the post of " But act fast, this spooky surprise won’t be around for long!" makes me wonder, if this was set to change on renewal (i.e. mine is not until Nov 19) are you still able to switch to it on renewal if they have already removed it?  This confuses me.

(For the record, I have it set to change on my next renewal, but I am doubtful it will be available for that long?)

Hmm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well, let's keep in mind there's no such thing as "forever". 

I posted in a thread about rumours surrounding PM shutting down and customers being merged over to Koodo. 

Optical24

Thanks. That's what I'm contemplating at the moment. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Bear in mind...if you do opt for this $40 plan, you can't go back to the plan you currently enjoy.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Optical24 

(You can always schedule a plan change on renewal. This is one of the best deals I have seen so far for existing customers)

Below is the text from the manager  of Public Mobile, J_PM:

You've found a frighteningly good deal

JK8_0-1667177729522.png

! To give our customers faster speeds at more affordable prices, for a limited time only, we’re offering a special $40/15GB 4G speed plan to all of our existing customers in My Account for anyone who wishes to take advantage of it. 

This limited time offer is not a discounted $60/15GB 4G speed plan – it is a special $40/15GB 4G speed plan. Customers who switch to this plan should expect it to stay on their accounts until they decide to switch to another plan. But act fast, this spooky surprise won’t be around for long!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Optical24 no where in the terms or fine print talks about it being just short time only.  So, it should be a "forever" price. 

But of course,  they can increase the price with 30 days notice

Need Help? Let's chat.