cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GB $40 promo

saurav
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

If I move to Koodo would I be able to keep the same plan? Is this offer still valid?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@CalvinW wrote:

Maybe there will be another offer soon, but that's all speculation. Koodo has been bombarding PM customers with countless offers a few months ago.

It is still going and hasn't stopped.  People on the $10 limited usage plan are being offered a $15, 100 minutes, unlimited text, $30 one time bill credit migration offer with Koodo at the moment. 

@will13am oh yeah?  Now THAT is a much more interesting minimalist plan than the $10 50/50 plan here at PM.  Unlimited texting and a "reasonable" amount of voice mins make this a great plan for kids and young teenagers.  Throw the $2/month data block feature (which still allows MMS for use in that unlimitied texting) to ensure you never get any surprise data bills while the kids can still Snapchat and Instragram while on a WiFi network, and you've got a pretty compelling option there for a lot of parents.

Reported on RFD.  TBH, I would hold out for a SMS add-on to come along here.  I don't see Koodo as the panacea in any way especially for minimalist type plans.  The Koodo brand is designed to increase ARPU as compared to Public Mobile.  I had a friend who had the 2016 fall promo and I suggested she migrate on the $40 6GB plan.  She was reliant on long distance add-ons to call to the rest of Canada and overseas.  At the same time, she needed the flexibility of the extra data.  It was a tough call which way to go.  Koodo raised long distance rates 400% one month after migration.  Oops, wrong decision and the time machine is still work in progress. 

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/public-mobile-8-50-canada-wide-minutes-50-texts-2185821/39/#p29427260

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@CalvinW wrote:

Maybe there will be another offer soon, but that's all speculation. Koodo has been bombarding PM customers with countless offers a few months ago.

It is still going and hasn't stopped.  People on the $10 limited usage plan are being offered a $15, 100 minutes, unlimited text, $30 one time bill credit migration offer with Koodo at the moment. 

@will13am oh yeah?  Now THAT is a much more interesting minimalist plan than the $10 50/50 plan here at PM.  Unlimited texting and a "reasonable" amount of voice mins make this a great plan for kids and young teenagers.  Throw the $2/month data block feature (which still allows MMS for use in that unlimitied texting) to ensure you never get any surprise data bills while the kids can still Snapchat and Instragram while on a WiFi network, and you've got a pretty compelling option there for a lot of parents.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@CalvinW wrote:

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@saurav, you are many dollars short and many months late unfortunately.  The big migration offer lasted a month and was further extended.  I am sure if you qualified, you would have received a cornucopia of notification text messages, so many that some customers were annoyed by it.  If you didn't bother reading any of them then, no point asking about it months later.  BTW, the final offer was $40 6GB. 

parents
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@saurav the promo is over now. You'll receive a text message if they offer anything.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@saurav wrote:

Hi,

If I move to Koodo would I be able to keep the same plan? Is this offer still valid?

Thanks!

@saurav no, that offer expired a month or two ago.  There is a migration offer out there right now but it's for a different Koodo plan and is targetting people on a different Public Mobile plan.  I can't say for sure, but I would guess that there will be another wave of Koodo migration offer for people on the $40/4GB (aka $120/12GB) plans, but I can't say for sure if or when or what the terms of the offer would be.  You'll have to stay tuned.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.