cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G service issues

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Hey Everyone!

So I recently (3 months ago) moved my plan to the 4G, because it was more data and the same price I was already paying. Thinking this is a win win. But I have had so often "No Service." I have been with Public for 4 years now and always had 3G and never had service issues. Is anyone else experiencing this? Should I just revert back to the 3G network. My friend Jared is still on 3G no issues, his wife is on 4G like me and she has service issues as well. 

Thanks 

Naepalm

3 REPLIES 3

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm    IIRC you upgraded to the $55 plan, so just a heads up that plan has been discontinued, so you might want to keep that in mind before deciding to change plans and maybe first get in touch with customer support to take a look at your account, if you haven't already done so.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm 

One of the persons on one of my accounts switched to 4G and has fantastic service. I know this doesn’t help you.

Have you tried allowing your networks to automatically select between the best available, or have you manually set yours to 4G/LTE?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Naepalm , long time no see.  Anyway, the network connectivity is not affected by whether you have a so called 4G or 3G plan.  Usage is transparent as far as phone set up is concerned.  The only difference is how the data speed is throttled.  The network connectivity issues are affected by something else.  Perhaps try the SIM card in a different phone to see if the problem is repeatable.  

Need Help? Let's chat.