cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 vs 90 day plans

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello Fellow PM people,

Are there any savings on 90 days plan? When I did the math it seems it's more expensive.

30 days plan. $40 for 5GB on 3G

90 days plan: $135 for 15GB on 3G ($45/month). 

Why would I want to pay more to get the 90 days plan?

5 REPLIES 5

@powerg21, the premise plans are the most recent way the promos have been offered.  Originally, when the plan build was the only way to build a plan, 90 day plans were a savings over the 3x30 option of regular payments.

The first and best promo that was created in Public Mobile history, was the 2016 Fall Promo, which occurred just after an increase to all in market pricing, and the removal of the Danada-wide texting option, leaving on the option of global.  The plan builder took the then current $120 for province wide talk, global text, and 6 GB of data for 90 days, to a doubled data plan for the same price.

Everything had a set cost, picking 2 options was small discount, picking all 3 options was essentially getting thé texting for free.

Public Mobile is now focusing on 30 day plans, as most consumers try to use a monthly comparison when looking for a carrier change.  On select 30 day combinations, province wide and Canada wide calling is the same cost, on the largest selection of data per 30 days has the US calling included for $50.

I wish the 90-day cycles still provided the new activations a savings, as the use of a larger bucket of data is very handy, if you need to splurge every so often.

powerg21
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am on the pre-built plan ($40 for 5G).  When I build the plan myselft it comes out to $45.  

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You need to compare plan builder to plan builder plans.  The pre-made plans are not nessisarlly shown in the builder.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@powerg21 wrote:

Hello Fellow PM people,

Are there any savings on 90 days plan? When I did the math it seems it's more expensive.

There used to be a savings.  What you have found is someone's over site.  Should be at least equal, the advantage to 90 day plans is the flexibility to use your data differently you could go 5gb 4gb 6gb each of the 30 days in the 90 day plan

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@powerg21 wrote:

Hello Fellow PM people,

You wouldn't, in most cases.

Sometimes, people do want to pay for longer period of time ahead of time. 

Also, you would get more data that you could use at once on a 90 day plan, or you would have a longer time that you can spread the usage over (saving data for later if you have groups of 30 day periods when you don't use much).

Need Help? Let's chat.