cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25% Price Hike Resolution Please

potato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please consider this my attempt to speak with a PM representative to resolve this underhanded price hike. My prepaid period ends April 26 but I only have until March 15 to switch to another Telus brand to avoid getting dinged with a massive 25% price hike. This seems like bait and switch and an attempt to exploit customers who have prepaid. The savings would be completely eaten by wasting almost 1.5months of prepaid time. It is stressful having to deal with surprise unexpected costs and be told to switch to a limited time promo of a sister brand before my prepaid and my long distance minutes are expired. Please help me resolve this within 24h or I will be compelled to have CCTS look into your conduct in regard to my account with you.

A significant reason for my signing up with PM was your GUARANTEE that my price would NOT raise as long as I kept paying my bill on time. Please hold true to your claims and let me know that you will not be raising my price. If I do not hear confirmation from a moderator in 24h I will submit a complaint to CCTS along with this thread proving you are committing bait and switch.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180215203705/https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announceme...

11 REPLIES 11

proudcanadianeh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is seriously not a good thing to do. 

Will a mod please respond to all of this? I am not ok with a 25% increase after it was promised our plans would remain unchanged by staff members in this forum, escpecially since I left a grandfathered plan with another carrier that I cannot return to. 

Theprincipal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"Public Mobile can charge whatever they want."

But they cannot PROMISE not to change the price, and then change the price. That IS illegal, regardless of the terms.

potato

@computergeek541wrote:

There is never any guarantee of pricing on prepaid phone plans other than for the period of time that you've already paid for.  Public Mobile can charge whatever they want.

Customers are free to voice their opinions about this price increase to Public Mobile, but I wouldn't expect them to do anything about it.  Public Mobile has already decided that the price is going up and surely knew that there would initially be customer uproar and service cancellations, but went ahead and this this anyway.

I know customers would like Public Mobile to reverse the decision about these price increases, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  The options that customers have will always be to accept the price changes, switch to a different plan, or to switch to a different provider.

They explicitly guaranteed that the price would not increase if we paid our bills on time. Look at the third bulletpoint here please.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180215203705/https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announceme...

staticcory
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541wrote:

There is never any guarantee of pricing on prepaid phone plans other than for the period of time that you've already paid for.  Public Mobile can charge whatever they want.

Customers are free to voice their opinions about this price increase to Public Mobile, but I wouldn't expect them to do anything about it.  Public Mobile has already decided that the price is going up and surely knew that there would initially be customer uproar and service cancellations, but went ahead and this this anyway.

I know customers would like Public Mobile to reverse the decision about these price increases, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  The options that customers have will always be to accept the price changes, switch to a different plan, or to switch to a different provider.

In my opinion, this situation is a little different. Usually, from what i've noticed throughout my life, a company won't blatantly say the complete opposite of what's in the fine print, as their promotion.

For example:

Rogers will say "sign up for our $40/4gb plan!" they will provide all of the details about the plan, and in the fine print, they'll add something like "prices subject to change". What they won't do, is something like this:

"sign up for our $40/4gb plan! This price will never ever change, you'll keep this plan for life, no surprises", and then in the fine print, say the exact opposite. This is just bad business practice, and very misleading to customers.

staticcory
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CalvinWwrote:

To put it into perspective, Fido only increased their Fall promo plans by $5. Watch PM increase their price by $10 each year... 

And PM has no call centre, which means way less overhead cost. Most things are resolved by community members, and mods. Pretty sad.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To put it into perspective, Fido only increased their Fall promo plans by $5. Watch PM increase their price by $10 each year... 

potato

i was wrong btw, it's a 30% price hike. our old plans cost 25% less than the hiked prices.

I am with you on this. Raising rate few bucks will be ok but 10 dollars per month time 3 months 30 dollars. That's just unrealistic n acceptable. I moved from freedom to get better coverage with great price.  Why do i have to move koodo here. I am losing my loyalty rewards plus I have 6 refferal and community rewards. Moving to koodo means losing everything. Pm gonna use lots of customer like that. I don't like doing credit check even if it' soft that' the reason i always go with byod plan with pm and freedom in past. Really disappointed. With pm. Bigtime raising 25 percent just like that sorry guys not happy with that. 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Fire
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In the past I was very happy with PM services but I am considering to switch it over to other carrier (other than Telus and all sub brand). If that's the way how they do the business, they lose couple customers forever.

Nebula

I believe the rate hike won't affect you till you renew.

At least your plan didn't just renew (like most people).

Really pissed off at PublicMobile right now.

Need Help? Let's chat.