Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Questions

beehjae
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi All,

Can anyone help?

I can no longer log on to my public mobile account (a month back). I ported out due to US needs (have a TN visa) before the roaming add ons came.

1. Do I need a new sim card?

2. Sim card is 5$ now? I remember it was free?

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
Beehjae

10 REPLIES 10

beehjae

Good suggestion, but I'm keen on price.

PM remains competitive, as you've mentioned in your post.

Thanks.

Doiron430
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Seeing all the problems with PM right now and individuals not getting replies to their emails (I have a co-worker who has been waiting a week), despite the fact that I ordered a PM SIM card, I don't think I will activate it..

Instead, President's Choice Mobile www.pcmobile.ca is the way to go. Their Flex Plan is 44$ a month for Unlimited Nationwide Talk & Text, Plus Unlimited International Text Messaging, Unlimited International Picture and Video Messaging, Call Display, Voice Mail, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding and Conference Calling. and 1 GB of data (if you were to bring your own device. 50$ if you don't). You only pay for the data you use, and you can have notifications sent to you when you hit 90% of the data tier you choose.

The best part, after reading many of the comments on this page, is that you can actually pick up the phone and call customer service!

I will be stopping into a Superstore this week to go with PCMobile. They just seem better organized. They also operate on Bell's network, so I'm certainly not worried about network coverage.

Good luck to everyone at PM, it seems to be a good enough company with a bright enough future so long as they can work out some of the kinks.

beehjae

I believe I clicked the wrong post for the solution. Hope one of the PMs would notice.

beehjae

Thank you for that information. I would prefer the rebate though.

oilblue99

$5 charge for the SIM, shipping (via ExpressPost) is free. Here's the PM announcement:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Seeing-our-SIM-cards-waste-away-made-us-...

Personally I like this versus the previous process: pay $10, email PM when activated to get $10 back.

BTW, can you imagine if PM had kept that program during the fall promo? As if the Mods queue isn't backlogged enough already, that would have been entirely insane.

beehjae

I was referring to the new sim cost. Not really about the closing of an account or reactivating the old sim.

jgorman
All company's are like that. If you port out your number your account gets closed.
They have no reason to keep your account active if you have ported your number.

beehjae

Thanks.

That's sad. Looks like I have to reconsider going back. It's not as pleasant to join than before.

jgorman
Hummuschips is correct on all accounts.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you ported your number out, you will need a new SIM card to activate it.  I do not think you will be able to re-activate a SIM card for an account that was de-activated.  Yes, SIM cards are now $5 + tax.

Need Help? Let's chat.