cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 (587) 580-4001

dmcgavock
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I look at my history usage there are at least 5 outgoing phone calls from 1 (587) 580-4001.   I did not make those outgoing calls.  They would no doubt be charged as phone use to my account. When I Google that number the news is not good.  SCAM!    How is 1 (587) 580-4001 able to make use of my phone for outgoing calls? Any help is appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

@Mmishriky 

Callers to your number that get routed to your voicemail, which results in the calling log showing as an “outgoing” call, DO NOT get counted in outgoing minutes.

I guarantee you, 100%, that those displayed outgoing calls do not reduce your outgoing calling minute allotment.

Mmishriky

Thank you so much for the information provided.  Yes I actually started using Public Mobile since 2016 if I still remember correctly.  I will run a quick test as suggested.

@Mmishriky- You will see all activity in the usage details. Calls that drop to voicemail do not use minutes of the $15 plan (unless you're on a very old version of the $15 plan and you've used all your minutes). You calling in to your voicemail will use minutes on the $15 plan. All other current plans are entirely unlimited.

The voicemail system has an option called extended absence where you can record a greeting and then choose the option to not take messages. It simply hangs up after playing your greeting.

Adding - here's a test. login to account, click refresh icon under the plan usage area. That will be your current minutes usage. Use another phone to call your number, don't answer, let it go to voicemail, leave a long winded message, hang up.

Now click that little refresh icon again. Do the minutes go up? Maybe even give it a minute or two to notice the call. Refresh again. Did it go up? It shouldn't. Let us know when you got that $15 plan.

@Mmishriky   you cannot really disable the voicemail, but there is workaround 

To "disable" voicemail, dial: *004*8080000000# on your phone
Then all calls will ring forever or get a fast busy tone instead of forwarded to the voicemail.

To reset it back to defaults, dial ##004#

Mmishriky

This is not even true I am hardly using voicemail and got charged as I am in limited minutes.  I do not need  a voicemail at all.  How can I remove voice mail from my account?  Can you please help as Voice mail # 705-780-4001 used  around 50 minutes of outgoing calls in Dec/part of Jan 2023.  Also 647- 5804001 uses around 15 mins.  So I basically left with nothing

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

How is that,  @dmcgavock ...

"When (you) Google that number the news is not good.  SCAM! "

🤭

dmcgavock

Thank you!

dmcgavock

Thank you for your help!!

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@dmcgavock 

That phone number shows up in your history, when you check out your voicemail from your mobile phone or a phone number is directed to your voicemail.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dmcgavock   That is a legitimate voicemail number that PM uses when calls to your phone don't get answered.  There is no charge for accessing the voicemail unless you are on a plan with limited minutes ($15/13 plans) in which case retrieving voicemail would use airtime and deduct from the outgoing minutes.  To avoid using minutes if on one of these plans, then you retrieve voicemail messages from another line.

Need Help? Let's chat.