cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: outgoing messages to 474663

So gonna send a dummie text to my mom here right now and see if it's there again

I solved it its Imassage it sends data right so the most I can give you please go in to settings and go massages on the search bar and take Imassage off I remember why I did that it cost me a lot wean I got the phone lol

Ok solved it for real you need to take your iCloud off and re enter it so it does a reset from virgin mobile wean you re enter your details it should reset it so it does not show up on bill hope this helps you solve the issue ok
Mayor / Maire

@Kayfun101 wrote:
Ok solved it for real you need to take your iCloud off and re enter it so it does a reset from virgin mobile wean you re enter your details it should reset it so it does not show up on bill hope this helps you solve the issue ok

@xenophh can you please try this suggestion from @Kayfun101?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

It works shriza _k told me this or Mary on face book massager so it worked send a dummie text to my mom no duplicate with the number it's a iCloud issue wean we switched providers they had this enabled in the back ground
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can try blocking the number.

You can try completely disabling the text/SMS app when it's not needed (you might need a task-killer app for this on unrooted iOS devices).

You can configure all your background data and syncs to iCloud (or whatever) to only occur across wifi radio instead of cellular data.

It could be a malware.  A "black dot" or "text bomb" thing floats around from time to time, it's apparently able to force iPhones to restart, it might be even able to disrupt other things - although I'm skeptical about the panicky claims of an incoming text permanently hacking, erasing, or bricking an iPhone.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I had the same issue when I switched from Videotron to Public Mobile, there were 14 messages sent to 474663 in about 5 minutes when I activated my Public Mobile account based on my use history on my Public Mobile account.

After doing some research, it seems it is indeed related to iCloud being setup but those message should not be considered as real text message and therefore not counted as text message but since I'm on a 50 text messages plans, it seems that they are indeed counted in my total since it say that I have used 14/50 of my monthly limit.

I haven't seen any more text message being sent to that number since then.

Is there any official info from a Public Mobile agent to sort this out ?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@robac wrote:

Hi,

I had the same issue when I switched from Videotron to Public Mobile, there were 14 messages sent to 474663 in about 5 minutes when I activated my Public Mobile account based on my use history on my Public Mobile account.

After doing some research, it seems it is indeed related to iCloud being setup but those message should not be considered as real text message and therefore not counted as text message but since I'm on a 50 text messages plans, it seems that they are indeed counted in my total since it say that I have used 14/50 of my monthly limit.

I haven't seen any more text message being sent to that number since then.

Is there any official info from a Public Mobile agent to sort this out ?

@robac

any update? Seems I’m having this issue too...

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same issue. any one can provide a detail solution?

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Have you tried disabling I cloud?