cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activate my SIM card

fifi3abdou
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

good evening

i would like to activate my sim card to keep my same number phone,so i need some help,because im in algeria for holidays

12 REPLIES 12

Obviosely PM should have that Idling Plan in place. Sometimes, paying even $10 to keep account idling for periods of time can be good. As is, paying a boatload of money to keep account open when on vacation and service isn't used is a waste of money. Saving $$$ towards something great, like food, movies, etc can be more incentive by itself

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@OP, How would activating a new Sim card on the 90 day on an exciting Public Mobile Number active keep your Exixsiting Public Number active?

If you have sufficient funds and access to Internet, better top up now, to avoid losing every thing

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@fifi3abdou 

Will you have internet access during your time away?

If so, if you pay by prepaid vouchers you could purchase the vouchers in advanced and then add them on at some point during your trip on your self servce account

If you pay by visa debit/credit card you could do the same thing and top up by making a payment in the selfe serve account

fifi3abdou

i don;t have any response yet

fifi3abdou

how do I get a top up in Algeria ?

If activating new account, choose cheapest Buffet plan, and only top up once  before 90 days, only solution right now

Griff

@fifi3abdou so you're already with Public Mobile? Do you already have a Public Mobile SIM card with your phone number that is working?

If you're account is nearing de-activation you could top up today and then you would have 90 days from today to top up again  

fifi3abdou

yes but the problem is that tomorow will be the 90th day and I'm going back to canada only in 2 or 3 months.

fifi3abdou

i wll stay here for 2 or 3 months. the problem is that tomorrow, if i don't activate my sim card, i will loose my phone number

Griff

@fifi3abdou 

Are you already a Public Mobile customer that is going away for the holidays? If so you wouldn't need to activate your number on another SIM card you would just need to have the account topped up at least once within a 90 day period of inactivity.

If you're looking to bring another from another carrier you can activate the SIM card and port in the existing number you already have and again would need to have the account topped up at least once within 90 days of inactivity.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

How long will you be on vacation? Plus, Public Mobile currently doesn't have a vacation idling plan, but who knows, Public Mobile may do it if it serves a purpose

Need Help? Let's chat.