cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: VOLTE

I ditto the rant and echo the sentiment.

 

I have a OnePlus, it supports VOLTE, and did so while being a PM customer ROAMING in the US -- but NOT AT HOME.

 

Snort.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: VOLTE


@s2scotty wrote:

I ditto the rant and echo the sentiment.

 

I have a OnePlus, it supports VOLTE, and did so while being a PM customer ROAMING in the US -- but NOT AT HOME.

 

Snort.


@s2scotty ditto on the disappointed OnePlus owner front.  PM doesn't support VoLTE at all.  Koodo does but only on post-paid and only on a very select list of handsets and only those sold to you by them other than iPhones which can be purchased from Apple too, which leaves us OnePlus'rs out.  Telus I believe has the same problem as Koodo, though a slightly larger supported device list.  This makes no sense to me--the phone supports it, the [Koodo or Telus] service supports it, so enable it already!  


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: VOLTE


@srlawren wrote:

@s2scotty wrote:

I ditto the rant and echo the sentiment.

 

I have a OnePlus, it supports VOLTE, and did so while being a PM customer ROAMING in the US -- but NOT AT HOME.

 

Snort.


@s2scotty ditto on the disappointed OnePlus owner front.  PM doesn't support VoLTE at all.  Koodo does but only on post-paid and only on a very select list of handsets and only those sold to you by them other than iPhones which can be purchased from Apple too, which leaves us OnePlus'rs out.  Telus I believe has the same problem as Koodo, though a slightly larger supported device list.  This makes no sense to me--the phone supports it, the [Koodo or Telus] service supports it, so enable it already!  


I suppose that Public Mobile doesn't want the bandwidth to be used more efficiently. They also don't seem to be in any hurry to make WiFi callingwork either, since I guess they'd rather have us connect to the towers than to have us use our own internet connections.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: VOLTE

@computergeek541 personally I suspect it's more about needing to have [as many] things [as possible without making PM totally useless] to entice people upward in the "value chain" to Koodo or Telus.


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: VOLTE


@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541 personally I suspect it's more about needing to have [as many] things [as possible without making PM totally useless] to entice people upward in the "value chain" to Koodo or Telus.


Another way of looking at it is if the network works, why do we really need either?   I suspect that if VoLTE were enabled, we'd have more people with devices with limited LTE-only (and high frequency) compatibility complaining about how unreliable the voice service is.   As for Wi-Fi calling, I guess that can't hurt to have for people who work in usually large buildings with weak indoor coverage, but my opinion is that the Wi-Fi calling can sometimes only be a stop-gap measure by carriers to compensate for an inadequate network in that area.