I Broke Autopay

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

I think I broke the autopay reward system now Cat Surprised

Scenario

I had an old 90 day plan on my account

I future dated to plan change to the $25 talk & text promo plan

I changed my mind so I cancelled the future plan change

Now for last two bill cycles, for some reason system keeps giving $2 autopay rewards on a 90 day plan

MODs opened a ticket to try and fix but I am curious if this is a common error or just something that happened to me?

Anyone else see similar results?

@IWIK did you do yours yet?

9 REPLIES 9

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I know PM is always goot in fixing errors. Just wish there wernt so many. unfortunatley many things back and front end seem unsolvable. Hopefully it isnt the case for the majiority of customers.

On the brighter side it gives us a reason to be active in the community. Hmmm maybe that is the errors are on purpose to have an active community. 🙂

@mimmo Public has always been good at crediting errors

The problem is many of these errors seem unresolvable in my experiance

Once broken you basically end up messaging them every 90 days to credit account

mimmo

I noticed a $2 autopay on a 90day plan on my dads account.  i sent a messge to mods will see what happens.  

not too worried PM always fixes issues and does best to keep people happy.

Dan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kav2001c, I'd try it, but I'm on a 90 day plan as well.

@Dan just for fun; if you are on 30 day plan future date plan change to 90 day plan

Wait a day

Then cancel plan change

Let us know what happens 

(and if you do get the $6 credit ... Cat LOL )

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Next thing Public needs to work on is the "under investigation" issues.

It seems some weird things happen on the system and they always take so long to fix.

90+ days should not be the normal time to fix an issue (many are at the 180+ day time frame now)

Unable to dial local phone numbers

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-Problems/m-p/167948

Problem with rewards when dealing with future dated plan changes

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/I-Broke-Autopay/m-p/174397

Issues with phone numbers (private message)

Double billing credit cards (private message)

Recurring account credits (private message, really there is no way to fix this? Automate it somehow instead of messaging mods every renewal?)

This thread can be used as a bug list for any other major issues you guys have found

Scripting issues and alternate number regex jump to mind

@Dan my change was from 90 day plan to 90 day plan

So I am baffled at how it started giving $2 for autopay rewards on 90 day plan

The more annoying thing is the "under investigation"

Right now I have 3 open support tickets all of which are 90+ days without resolution

Dan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

LOL, it sounds to me like anyone on the 30-day plans should future date a 90-day plan and then cancel it, that way they might get 6$ autopay every 30 days Smiley Tongue

imm1304

It would be safe to say that this would happen to others too in a similar situation.  

I have not changed any plans or not much of anything in selfserve to have any experience with this.  Would be interesting to see others chime in with their experiences.  

Need Help? Let's chat.