Porting Problems

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Seems to be a system glitch so requesting a mod to look into my accounts thanks

Transferred 3 numbers from Freedom Mobile to Public Mobile for promo plan

Text messages indictated ports were completed successfully

All 3 lines can make outgoing calls and send outgoing text

No incoming text at all

Incoming calls is strange; from ANY Public cell phone (including my older already activated lines) it gives a generic error about not being able to call long distance (despite all phones having same Toronto area code 647)

If I call from a non Public cell phone (eg my Telus cell) it just drops straight to voice mail

Help

@CS_Agent @Shazia_K

20 REPLIES 20

@scc wrote:

hi - we just ported our number over from 7-11 speakout via a walmart associate.  It also partially ported over.  We have everything but call receipt.  Call receipt from any outside number goes to voicemail directly.

We just sent a PM to the moderator.  We haven't received our porting confirmation text though.

What is the current turnaround time for this?  Thanks!

The number hasn't "partially" ported over.  It either has or hasn't.  When someone requests a phone number to be transfered to Public Mobile, the phone number is immediately assigned to the account.  Outgoing calls will work immediatley.  This does not mean that the number has been ported.  In fact, at this point, the other carrier hasn't even responded to the request yet.  This is part of the process and it's like this for everyone.  With that said, porting a number from another wireless carrier is supposed to be done within a few hours.

The workaround is to continue using your Speakout Wireless service.  The reason for all incoming calls going to voicemail would be because the Speakout sim card isn't inserted into a powered up device.

Assuming that you've provided the needed Speakout account details when you sent a message to the Public Mobile moderators, you'll hopefully see results within the next few days.  The moderators would likely have to submit a new number porting request on your behalf.

@scc

Moderator waitimes have been 48-72 hours.  If possible, can you still use your Speakout SIM/service until the port is completed?

scc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi - we just ported our number over from 7-11 speakout via a walmart associate.  It also partially ported over.  We have everything but call receipt.  Call receipt from any outside number goes to voicemail directly.

We just sent a PM to the moderator.  We haven't received our porting confirmation text though.

What is the current turnaround time for this?  Thanks!

@davidmj2008 wrote:

I just transfered my phone number as well and am having the same issue.

I transfered my phone number from Virgin Mobile to Public Moblie 3 days ago. The ougoing calls work well. But If I call from a non Public cell phone , it just drops straight to voice mail.

I'm almost willing to bet that voicemail happens to be  your old Virgin Mobile voicemail account.  If that's the case, your phone number has not yet been transfered.  I would just continue to use your Virgin Mobile service (if it is still working) until the moderators can fix this for you.  Any time some calls you, calls would still be going there.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @davidmj2008

I've just sent you a private message 🙂

Best,

Syed

davidmj2008
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just transfered my phone number as well and am having the same issue.

I transfered my phone number from Virgin Mobile to Public Moblie 3 days ago. The ougoing calls work well. But If I call from a non Public cell phone , it just drops straight to voice mail.

Please Help!

@Moderator_Team @Shazia_K

At the end of the day this issue has been escalated

Mods advised expect answer in 3 weeks 

I did a number change on two of the lines (I can not wait nearly a month with no service) but will update this thread once ticket is resolved for the 2 remaining numbers

I had sent this to Shazia but would love to see any other members test this out and provide feedback

As near as I can tell, the carrier exchange 647-915-XXXX is not callable by ANY Public Mobile subscribers in Ontario

I did a reverse lookup, found a few active Wind numbers (numbers that were never ported and I do not have any ownership of) and when I dial any of them it gives the generic error about can not call due to no long distance plan

So because these numbers are all in series (all good numbers in same exchange) it *looks like* port failed but in reality port has completed but the numbers can not dial each other

Anyone who can, block your call display and ring a random number for me Cat Surprised

I would greatly appreciate testing / feedback

Thanks all

OK. All 4 numbers sent.

Thnx

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@kav2001c

I am assuming the issue is with your 289 number then? Can you please send me a pm with your phone number and the 416 number along with the others one that you cannot dial? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@Shazia_K I'm out right now but trying to call the number still giving an error about long distance (so I can't Dial a 416 number from my 289 number)

Something is still wrong since my main account can not Dial the new account

Pm you numbers

PS 2 of the 3 new lines received a txt saying port completed.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kav2001c

Sorry to hear about this, 

I took a look at all 3 accounts and they are all provisioned properly. 

Can you please test the phones again? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Still no reply or solution. I get longer delay cause holiday and all.

Anyone know how long backlog supposed to take?

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kav2001c wrote:

@pakmode definately a port issue

Even without inserting SIM into phone if I call the number from an existing account (in service over 2 years on Public) I can not complete the call

Calling from a Telus number drops straight to voicemail always, regardless whether Public SIM in use or not

I'm more surprised no mod response yet, either here or in private messages

They must be very busy (2 days so 48 hours and waiting)

@Shazia_K is working today I think. 

@pakmode definately a port issue

Even without inserting SIM into phone if I call the number from an existing account (in service over 2 years on Public) I can not complete the call

Calling from a Telus number drops straight to voicemail always, regardless whether Public SIM in use or not

I'm more surprised no mod response yet, either here or in private messages

They must be very busy (2 days so 48 hours and waiting)

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Check your apn settings after doing a hard reboot. 

Hopefully this gets fixed up soon. 

12GB Promo seems to have worked properly

Now just waiting mods to push port through

kentnleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kav2001c thanks! i just recieved the confirmation text.

it was faster than i expected.

@kentnleung Public sends TXT to the Public SIM as well as the refering SIM

kentnleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i just transfered as well and am having the same issue.

when you mention you've received a sms telling you the port was successful, was it thru your freedom or PM sim card?

i currently have both sim cards and they are active - calls and data but no text at PM card, freedom works fine with text as well as others

Need Help? Let's chat.