cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive One Time Password from Amazon.ca

RD481
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have successfully received many Amazon OTPs in the past, the last one was last week.  Today (May 28) I tried to log into my Amazon account and as usual the login sequence involved sending me a OTP.  I never received it. Tried many times, same result. As a test, I verified that I am able to receive OTP texts from Microsoft. Amazon Support verified that everything with my Amazon account is OK. She sent a few OTP test texts, none of which I received. Is this a known problem? 

6 REPLIES 6

Twitter shortcode was blocked by PM, even though it was on the supposed "supported" list.

I've also seen a few topics posted regarding problems receiving texts from some international banks.

Also seen topics posted about people unable to text to/from Australia.

So it's not unprecedented.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Carniam wrote:

I know I attempted to text a 5 digit number and it didn’t allow me. I wonder if public blocks these at times to prevent overages

Check my post above for a list of short codes supported by PM. to determine your 5 digit number is listed in the PM supported short code.

If not, send your short code and the organization to moderator to be added.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RD481 

Online or 2FA text messages send from short code.  PM does not block short code messages.

According to the following thread, PM supports the Amazon short code for incoming text message.  Click the spoiler to see the list.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-short-codes-are-supported-by-Publi...

Amazon Simple Notification Service30304

I am not sure that whether Amazon is using this code or another code for OTP.

You can ask moderator for assistant.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know I attempted to text a 5 digit number and it didn’t allow me. I wonder if public blocks these at times to prevent overages

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@RD481 wrote:

I have successfully received many Amazon OTPs in the past, the last one was last week.  Today (May 28) I tried to log into my Amazon account and as usual the login sequence involved sending me a OTP.  I never received it. Tried many times, same result. As a test, I verified that I am able to receive OTP texts from Microsoft. Amazon Support verified that everything with my Amazon account is OK. She sent a few OTP test texts, none of which I received. Is this a known problem? 

@RD481  If supported it's best to have a backup method of accessing your account (Authenticator app). Public Mobile does not block any OTPs, maybe check your blocked phone list to make sure you haven't accidently blocked the number. Also check your usage for that specific time period to determine if the text came in.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I do see people talking about not receiving text from time to time here.  Not sure of exactly why.  I don't use text verification much but so far so good.  That said, by chance is there incoming text being blocked by your text app? 

Need Help? Let's chat.