cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry we cannot complete your call, you don't have an active long distance add-on ..."

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I got this error today while making a call to a 416 number from a saved contact (i.e. Did not fat-fingered the number), and I also have the 400 minute LD add-on. I am in Ontario on a provincial calling plan. My question is why does this happen, and is this a common problem? The error does even make sense to me. A later attemp to call the same contact worked just fine.
10 REPLIES 10

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @arzschocke

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Sorry to hear that you're facing this issue, it's known and we will have to submit a ticket to our technical department.

Can you provide me with your phone number, as well as the one you are having issues contacting? (via private message)

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

arzschocke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This happens to me too here in BC, when I try calling any other Public Mobile number.

In effect I cannot call my wife here in Penticton on her Public Mobile number and even trying to send a text returns a message: "Public Mobile here. Sorry, we do not offer text messaging outside of Canada at this time."

This has to be fixed ASAP!

Jonavin

I randomly get this message and often it's inside the Toronto area calling another Toronto number (416 or 647). A second attempt will not have this issue. So there's still a glitch in there somewhere. I suspect that it may have something to do with how I program a 1 prefix for all my directory, which other carriers do not have a problem resolving but maybe PM has issues interpretting it as a LD call even though it's local because of the 1-416/647 prefix.

neo911

Hi @webshaun

Yes, I hear a similar message when I try to call from Kitchener to GTA. But the calls get connected without any problem and there are no additional charges.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @webshaun, welcome to Public Mobile!

When you call from Toronto to Hamilton and your line tells me that "long distance charges may apply", does it still go through? If so, then that is normal for Public Mobile, just ignore it. Bottom line, it's a pre-paid service, if it goes through it is covered by your plan.

webshaun
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there. I am new to PM as well and I am having a similar problem. I have province-wide calling and every time I call from Toronto to Hamilton my line tells me that "long distance charges may apply". Does anyone else have this issue? 

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Jonavin

I think the most likely thing that could have caused this was a communications glitch between your phone and the cell tower, ie the tower interpreted your call as say 417 instead of 416 (or similar). This kind of thing should be pretty rare (and is getting rarer), but does still happen with mobile technologies, especially if you were in an area of poor coverage or high interference. 

Jonavin

I was still in the York region calling a Toronto number. I have not even left the Greater Toronto Area. It barely even qualifies as a long fistance call let a lone an out of province one.

The way Prov-wide works is this:

If from ONT, and going to Quebec, you can call, BUT within the Prov that your in for Free, Que #'s, and IF you need to Call back to your Home prov, or another prov, or even Voicemail, Long-Distance Add-On is REQUIRED for these

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Are you from ONT? If so, and on a Prov-Wide talk, then that's very odd that you would be receiving that unless your area code is NOT an ONT.

Need Help? Let's chat.