cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posts being deleted from existance?

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I tried to reply to a post twice today and within like 10min it vanishes without a trace?

5 REPLIES 5

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

From what I recall, it would happen if you tried to edit a post to correct a mistake or add something a few times within a minute or so.  I have no idea why the system then deletes your message. It could be that each time you edit and click on "post", it counts it as a new message, and there could be some time of spam filter at work that suspects that if you post more than 5 posts in 5 minutes (or some other predefined post count or timeframe), you might be posting advertising.  That's just speculation, of course.

That could be it I did edit the post a couple times...will have to do a better job of proof reading I guess Smiley Frustrated

From what I recall, it would happen if you tried to edit a post to correct a mistake or add something a few times within a minute or so.  I have no idea why the system then deletes your message. It could be that each time you edit and click on "post", it counts it as a new message, and there could be some time of spam filter at work that suspects that if you post more than 5 posts in 5 minutes (or some other predefined post count or timeframe), you might be posting advertising.  That's just speculation, of course.

Yes it happens sometimes, I think it somehow gets automatically held for review as said before, but mine never reappeared. There is actually a page (can find the link) where you can see your "moderated posts" waiting to be approved. Not sure what triggers the automatic holding...

I've had it happen a few times as well.  From what I could tell, after I typed a message, it would just never show up.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I've had that happen to me once or twice before, but the last time was months ago. The posts eventually reappeared. I think maybe it was held for review because something triggered a spam filter, though I don't know what specific words would have caused it.  Could be just a glitch too.

Need Help? Let's chat.