cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderators - Improving the service

StewartMann
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The Moderators takeing 48hrs+ is obviously a problem for those who need an urgent service when they have a serious problem that the community can't handle.

I can not work without my phone, if my service stopped, and  I could not get it up again within an hour or so, I would have to buy into another service provider.

How about        a paid tier, say $5.00 to get a reply within an hour.

PM gets a new revenue stream and we get an option.

??????

13 REPLIES 13

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've been an unpaid moderator elsewhere on a very high traffic site for well over a decade now. Even with the now much larger mod staff there, people still have to wait, but at least now there is a better chance that someone might be able to take action sooner rather than later. 

I get that it is frustrating when you have to wait an extended period of time, and with this being a paid service rather than a free service (like the other site I mod at) it is even more understandable for people to be frustrated. I can say my experience with the mods here have been reasonably quick. If the mods here are paid a salary, then making paying customers wait an unreasonably long time (assuming it is not outside of standard business hours) is an issue. If the mods are unpaid (like most mods are) or even just given a small stipend then waiting for them to fit you into their schedule is fairly reasonable. Work schedules, time zones, vacations and all those other things cause delays. I do think that if there is a service outage that is caused by PM and not your phones incompatibility (or like me being a bit too far from a tower) then they should consider extending your current period by some of those days you waited for support just because you were not getting what you paid for at all during that time.

I am guessing the reason why they don't really expand the mod staff is data security. The access it gives you to other peoples personal information and payment information as well as the ability to manipulate credits on the sly. I know my old main job was the Payroll Manager. I had access to a few hundred peoples worth of confidential information, had I been dishonest, I could have ripped off all that data and sold it. Enough to identity theft everyone there. The company recognized that risk and kept the payroll department limited to just one person (me) and I can tell you the stress during payroll time was a nightmare. I needed help so badly, but I had none and they refused to hire any to limit the liability and risk. Unfortunately, that means the ones that are here likely won't get more support any time soon either, and therefore as PM because better known (through referrals, etc.) the wait times will just keep getting longer as more and more tickets are submitted by the expanding user base without the addition of more mods to keep the client/mod ratio in check.

This is a no go for me too.  One service and support structure, everyone is the same.

Asking for a pay for support system here is no different than those who start yelling in all caps, and causing panic in the forums when they don’t understand how the system works, and it’s normally because they fail to research the service prior to joining.

StewartMann

I am useing the service on the hope that I will never need to use the Modorators.

I have been useing cell phones since the early 90's and have never had a problem that required me to contact customer service to get resolution.

Sooooooo    finger crossed that I won't with PM. Smiley Happy

@Chanah wrote:

I'm not sure 'if you need reliable phone service, go with a different company' is the best idea for marketing.

Just saying that public mobile is very open on how customer service works and talks about response time. If you can't be without your phone for an hour than this probably isn't the best provider for you.  My service has been very reliable for the 23 months I have been here so I consider it a reliable service, add I have not had the issues others have

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm not sure 'if you need reliable phone service, go with a different company' is the best idea for marketing.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@StewartMann wrote:

The Moderators takeing 48hrs+ is obviously a problem for those who need an urgent service when they have a serious problem that the community can't handle.

I can not work without my phone, if my service stopped, and  I could not get it up again within an hour or so, I would have to buy into another service provider.

??????

I can't support this model, this would be creating 2 tiers of customer and that isn't what PM is about. If you can't be without your phone for an hour even at the best times of PM this service is not for you.

Take PM for what it is, not what you want it to be

will13am

My favorite quote

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

knapper

It's been well over a year since I needed any customer service, and as you say I had always had responses and normally resolution within a couple of hours.  I was very impressed and have told many people that I liked the support model - loved not sitting on hold.  My impressions have changed, being locked out of your account, with no options, for 2 days is not a good thing - even for a lower tier option.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@StewartMann, I don't think that's how customer service costing would work.  Suppose Public Mobile were to set up a call center to take calls from customers willing to pay $5 per interaction.  What if there is insufficient usage of this new service to pay for its operation?  Do they raise the fees until the service becomes self sustaining?  What if increasing costs result in decreasing usage?  We just have to accept the fact that this service has a lesser level of customer service and hope that Public Mobile will review their operations from time to time and assess whether customer service is at a level consistent with the growing business.  I believe they have not done that yet.  Back when I joined in late 2016, interaction times were around 2-3 hours, while today it's more like 2-3 days.  Unless they think we were getting too much for our money back then, I would expect them to naturally improve within the current service model framework.

its part pf their feature.  here is mostly self serve. 

@StewartMann wrote:

@RobertQc    I would like the best of both worlds  Smiley Happy

The cheaper serviceis great for the vast majority of the time, it would be nice to have the option to pay a bit extra to "jump the que" in an emergency.. 

@StewartMannI would also love this, but if we had this, then there is 0 reason for anyone to be with Koodo / Telus. No longer could the Koodo/Telus reps tell you "YOU WILL HAVE TERRIBLE SERVICE DO NOT JOIN PUBLIC MOBILE"

There has to be at least 1 thing to seperate the tiers, and currently the only thing to seperate public mobile is the very slow customer service

StewartMann

@RobertQc    I would like the best of both worlds  Smiley Happy

The cheaper serviceis great for the vast majority of the time, it would be nice to have the option to pay a bit extra to "jump the que" in an emergency.. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@StewartMann wrote:

This is why its suggested if you use your phone for business purpose spend a few $ more per month and go with a higher tier service such as Koodo (Who buy the way, does not have 24/7 support "Hours of operation (local time):

AB, BC, MB, ON, QC, and SK

• Monday − Friday: 9am - 9pm (local time)
  • Saturday & Sunday: 9am - 7pm (local time)

Atlantic

• Monday − Friday: 10am - 10pm (local time)
  • Saturday & Sunday: 10am - 8pm (local time)"

Telus is a top tier service and costs a heck of a lot more, but they have "Technical support available 24/7"

@StewartMann wrote:

??????

You get what you pay for. It's just a little bit different instead of $5 for a reply, you pay in advance, monthly for a higher tier provider.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@StewartMann wrote:

??????

I support this, paid extra for better service. But this make some people mad. Might also cause speculation (public mobile purposly broke my account so i would pay $5 for it to be fixed) However there are other options such as free voip service in the app store so you can use your phone in the rare case of an account / service issue.

I don't want to move someone away from public mobile but if you pay slightly more money you can move to Koodo with better support and less glitches.

Need Help? Let's chat.