cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: LUCKY MOBILE

@chukdefatey wrote:

@Arman wrote:
another advantage of Lucky Mobile , you can call tech support and get your issue fixed and your questions answered in less than 5 minutes. Instead of sending email, ask community or asking moderators which has no power and knowledge of the system. (This is an old style of support)

I don't agree with the current Public Mobile's support system what so ever, it needs a huge over haul if there is no Call Center support but I can still get more things done at Public Mobile's Current support system although it will take time sending messages back & fourth, in comparison to calling Lucky Mobile because those poor outsourced Reps at Lucky have no Authority to do anything. The only thing they say oh I understand your frustration sir but there is nothing I can do for you. Oh I truly apologize. This and that. 

The only weakness of the Public Mobile support system is the tolerance for 48 hour typical response time.  Back in the day, typical response times were within an hour or two, even faster on weekends.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Colinh90 wrote:

lucky mobile has good plans with nation wide and no zones (they also have zone plans too).  

Where are you getting your information from? Lucky Mobile doesn't have any current Zoned Plans

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@chukdefatey wrote:

@Arman wrote:
another advantage of Lucky Mobile , you can call tech support and get your issue fixed and your questions answered in less than 5 minutes. Instead of sending email, ask community or asking moderators which has no power and knowledge of the system. (This is an old style of support)

I don't agree with the current Public Mobile's support system what so ever, it needs a huge over haul if there is no Call Center support but I can still get more things done at Public Mobile's Current support system although it will take time sending messages back & fourth, in comparison to calling Lucky Mobile because those poor outsourced Reps at Lucky have no Authority to do anything. The only thing they say oh I understand your frustration sir but there is nothing I can do for you. Oh I truly apologize. This and that. 

The only weakness of the Public Mobile support system is the tolerance for 48 hour typical response time.  Back in the day, typical response times were within an hour or two, even faster on weekends.

And the slightly "shaky ground" of the infrastructure for account management. Self Serve can take a painfully long time to load. 

@mh1983 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@chukdefatey wrote:

@Arman wrote:

And the slightly "shaky ground" of the infrastructure for account management. Self Serve can take a painfully long time to load. 

Agreed Public Mobile Self Service can be slow but you obviously haven't used Lucky Mobile's Self serve. PM self serve allows you to do almost every thing including being able to change your name on the Account where Lucky's self serve you can barely do anything but it works. 

Oracle

@Colinh90 wrote:

lucky mobile has good plans with nation wide and no zones (they also have zone plans too).  since I switched to Lucky, I've had better reception on transit (SkyTrain tunnels, and busses) and they have a 2gig add-on for 15 bucks a month.  I'm getting nationwide, 10.5gigs of data for 65 a month, my previous plan was 50 and 8.5gigs. public only has 1 gig for 30bucks (add-on), lucky has 500megs for 5 bucks, 1 gig for 10, or 2 gigs for 15.

It's a bit of a hassle but renewing PM 8.5 GB plan early to average 10.5 GB would cost $61.76. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.

@Luddite wrote:

@Colinh90 wrote:

lucky mobile has good plans with nation wide and no zones (they also have zone plans too).  since I switched to Lucky, I've had better reception on transit (SkyTrain tunnels, and busses) and they have a 2gig add-on for 15 bucks a month.  I'm getting nationwide, 10.5gigs of data for 65 a month, my previous plan was 50 and 8.5gigs. public only has 1 gig for 30bucks (add-on), lucky has 500megs for 5 bucks, 1 gig for 10, or 2 gigs for 15.

It's a bit of a hassle but renewing PM 8.5 GB plan early to average 10.5 GB would cost $61.76. Robot LOL

So you renew early often?

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Luddite wrote:

@Colinh90 wrote:

@Luddite, I really like your math! Smiley Happy

@Arman wrote:

I have both and lucky mobile is much better on coverage, support and responce to issue.

there is also a support phone number (you can talk to human)

I really don't miss waiting on hold to talk to an actual agent, and sometimes waiting again if I need to be trasferred over to another department.

You cannot have better coverage between Bell and Telus.

From first hand experience, I have not noticed any coverage differences in open or rural areas.

However it looks possible to have better reception with one carrier over another.

I have noticed reception differences between carriers while inside some large city buildings.
Seems to be related to signal strength and concrete walls.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have two lines with Lucky Mobile and one with PM. That is my point of comparison. Do not bring the bar down. You (we) as a customer should have a reasonable expectation and should be provided by any provider. PM is lacking in this aspect