cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo migration offer questions

Tiptopssss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I get these offers through text, but had a few questions.

1. If I join koodo via that plan is it now a post paid account? Koodo website asks for credit card information to continue

2. Do they run a credit check if you choose to take there koodo offer?

3. Will that koodo plan expire after a certain amount of time? Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@colinvincent wrote:

Hi,

I have two questions:

Who is eligible for the Koodo migration offer?

You mentioned that the Koodo migration offers have expired on Sept. 4th, 2018. Is this correct?

Thank you for assistance

No one knows how they decide who is eligible.  But you can text "offer" to 5129 or 5130 and see if you get a response back.

There was one round of offers that expired Sep4, but then it was extended.  I don't know what the new expiry date is for the extension.

@colinvincent wrote:

Hi,

I have two questions:

You mentioned that the Koodo migration offers have expired on Sept. 4th, 2018. Is this correct?

Thank you for assistance

The offer was targeted to certain plans and even then not all customers with that plan got the offer.  So really not sure the method to their madness of offering the migration deal.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

colinvincent
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have two questions:

Thank you for assistance

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The credit check for getting the plan is not so onerous.  If hardware is also obtained, the credit check is pretty difficult.  I have friends who fail the hardware credit check and they have good credit history.  To me anyone who qualifies and has a home loan should easily be able to pass the credit check for a cell phone.  Koodo doesn't seem to think so.  If credit check is a concern, it might be easier to apply for the plan only initially.  After a month or so, then add the hardware. 

In addition, for the online Koodo ordering, you will also need to provide your driver license information or your social insurance number.  This is supposedly for additional security and to run the credit check.

@Wonder_why wrote:

@Tiptopssss wrote:

1. If I join koodo via that plan is it now a post paid account? Koodo website asks for credit card information to continue

Koodo PROMO Offer expired Sept 4th, yes there run credit check, if you pass the credit check, there will honour you the offer even past Sept 4th, good luck

@Wonder_why

My understanding was that you have to go through the sign-up process by Sep 4 to lock in on these promos. But since Koodo staff are back-logged you'll likely only get the SIM, with the promo plan activated on your account, in the mail down the road. Unless you activate and port in store.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Tiptopssss wrote:

Koodo PROMO Offer expired Sept 4th, yes there run credit check, if you pass the credit check, there will honour you the offer even past Sept 4th, good luck

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Tiptopssss wrote:

Yes to post paid, yes to credit check as for plan who knows how long the price will remain the same.  If it goes to high and doesn't meet your needs come back to public mobile

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.