cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with porting the number to Public Mobile

bacardi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How long the customers have to wait for the mods to respond to PM?

I have been waiting since yesterday.

7 REPLIES 7

Tarah-gve

If It's been more tha a day you'll need to contact your old provider to find out why they haven't

released the number.

As long as the phone number is active and in some cases in good standing it shouldn't take long to port.

Longest I've seen was about 5 to 10 minutes.

Only case where I saw it take longer than over night was an issue with the carrier we were porting from. Once they corrected the issue port went through fine.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

OMG sad to see problems, PM should have sticky notes @ the front page for users to reads 

a must to help solved the problems, I know there is threads about how to Port but is hard for some ppl to find it

Han_15

Just this month I reached out to the mods for help in porting my Koodo prepaid account. It took me around 30 hours to finally get my problem solved. Make sure you have sent all the necessary information for porting your number such as sim number, account number, pin and so on. If you have all the info then your number will be ported without having them to ask you additional questions (which take a while to respond if they need to). 

_parth23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For me personally it took me 2-3 days to get a response from the mods this was due to them being busy, just make sure you don’t send several messages to them because it will take longer for a response because your account will be near the bottom of the list since every message goes on a first come first serve basis 

@Dunkman wrote:

@bacardi

With the weekend, the response is even slower, so I would not be surprised up to 72 hours wait.  Moderators work shorter hours on weekends and likely smaller team of moderators.

Add on top of that large number of weekend activations which could add more to the workload.  

@bacardi

With the weekend, the response is even slower, so I would not be surprised up to 72 hours wait.  Moderators work shorter hours on weekends and likely smaller team of moderators.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@bacardi Current wait time is about 48 hours due to higher volume of inquiries. 

Need Help? Let's chat.