cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am happy but scared

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello everyone:

Its just me, I believe feeling this way....

Thanks to GOD, that everything working well with me and so far so happy with PM.  I have no problem right from ordering sim to activation and then proting my number from Koodo.

I have been following this community message and noticed people are having so many problem and mods are busy with their other requests which are compleately understandable.  

My promo plan is expiring sometime in Feb and have set autopay.  I just hope that it will go smooth and no problem will be encountered.

Like I said above, so far so good and I am very happy with the services.

All I can do is pray for everything and have my fingers crossesd.

Cheers!!!!

26 REPLIES 26

@TheOldVR I had just thought of that since I read an old thread

Out of say 15 issues 10 are still problems

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kav2001c ... then I'm just a bit more scared.

This is something that is not hard to fix.

@TheOldVR most of these issues have been around since 2014 or earlier

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Interesting thread that's come back up on the board....

I love PM, think the Mods are great....

But I am still scared as the issues that caused most of the pain during PM's 12GB/$40 deal have not been addressed. So I'm scared that PM will do another one of those offers before things have changed.

Hmm... that sounds like a gloomy message, but it's shared with a positive view!!

Cheers!

ech_786

Yes I saw that .. thank you.

Hopefully it will be fixed in near future.

even after the autpay my online profile showing plan is suspensed but then this morning everything was okay.  I knew right way this must be a glitch.

Thanks for the community notes 🙂

Most times the autopay does work

It is just the online display makes us think it will not work, then we make changes and payments which causes the glitch

There is an idea in Public Lab to correct the wording so less worry

ech_786

Hello everyone:

This is to inform everyone that yesterday was but autorenewal day as my plan was expiring.  As per my title I was bit scared but I have to tell everyone that my plan renewd without anyproblem.  All of my rewards were deducted correctly and credit card was charged sucessfully. 

I am glad everything works out.

Thanks PM..

Keep up the great work.

You would likely be credited for any overcharges or discrepancies, and likely pro-rated for any days of service you haven't been able to use while waiting for billing issues to be resolved.  Although PM never issues refunds, always credits which basically pay towards your next bill.

If you are truly nervous about Autopay then just deposit the full amount of your "Plan Price" before the billing cycle ends.  I don't think it's truly necessary, but it can buy you peace of mind.  One of my referred friends is also anxious about PM's current situation and has fully paid up her balance in advance - hoping she'll be able to gloat a little when my service breaks, lol.

I really wish PM would fix whatever minor bug causes things to display billing with ye olde fashioned monolithic Telus accounting.  I know it says insufficient funds when with Autopay there's always sufficient funds, but you're not the only person who's found it disconcerting.

@Mana yes it still gives reward, even if credit card never charged

I have prepaid for 6+ months in advance before

Mana
Mayor / Maire
Let's say to avoid any future dated renewal issues, you top up the entire amount of $120, even though you have auto pay enabled, do you still get the reward/credit for auto pay or no?

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@ech_786 even if there was a bug with current plan + autopay I am pretty confident it will be fixed by Feb

I'm in same boat so we can comiserate together if our accounts fail Cat Wink

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Mana I have a $90/90-day plan, I used a $100 Payment Voucher when joining PM, deposited another $100 Payment Voucher before it was time to renew, activated Autopay the next time around.  Sometimes an unspent amount sitting in my self-serve balance, sometimes exactly zero, always another $20 or so from Community Rewards, Referral Rewards, and Autopay Rewards.

I've renewed three times now, the last time with Autopay.  I've set up several friends who started with Payment Vouchers or credit cards and renewed with Autopay.  Payments were always processed as described in my above post.  Not a deliberate or methodical experiment, but enough for me to observe how it works.

Having assisted some referred friends, I've learned that (under normal circumstances) the PM mods can always correct minor billing issues - although it may take a day or so for full two-way communication of the issues, then some hours for their changes to filter through the system.  And I've learned that billing just keeps on going indefinitely until something changes - most often it is the user who changes something, very rarely when PM changes something it causes a bug.

ech_786
People are very sure, as you can see the comments above 😃

Mana
Mayor / Maire
Has someone actually tried that suggested approach of topping up while having the auto pay enabled?

Are we sure that the system is smart enough to charge just once?

ech_786
@Korth hahahaha
I need to sleep for sure...I believe we all do.

I just don't want to get stuck with something...

Thanks for everything

"Rewards" will be deducted first, then any "Available Funds" will be used, then "Autopay" will charge any unpaid amount remaining.  You can see what will be charged by clicking "My Rewards", it's summarized on the bottom "estimate payment" line

You don't really need to pay your Available Funds balance up to cover the full "Plan Cost".  It can't hurt, but it's not necessary.  Unless topping up early lets you sleep better, lol.

ech_786
Thank you everyone...
I like your guys post and very informative.

Thanks for helping out.
Have a great night.

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ech_786,

Absolutely sure.  Just like @NDesai confirmed.

Cheers,

Neil

PS

Glad you got everything sorted, @ech_786.  I recall that you had a couple of issues when you first signed up.  Thanks for being patient and seeing it through!

ech_786

@NDesai  Thank you friend

@ech_786 wrote:

@neilselden you sure about this ... should I top up my account and system won't charge me twice.

Yes, the system takes available rewards/funds first. If not enough to cover the plan cost then charges your credit card. 

@ech_786 wrote:

But this is the promo plan which is already showing EXPIRED.  Yes, I know that its normal as they are not offering anymore ...

I want to see if this gets renewed sucessfully.

thank you @NDesai

It will. I know its confusing, but that is actually a discount code that is being used to calculate the cost. If someone activates with the same plan but with regular price, they won't see EXPIRED under the plan. 

Everything will be alright, so don't worry. 

ech_786

@neilselden you sure about this ... should I top up my account and system won't charge me twice.

ech_786

But this is the promo plan which is already showing EXPIRED.  Yes, I know that its normal as they are not offering anymore ...

I want to see if this gets renewed sucessfully.

thank you @NDesai

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I have had no issues as well either have the other 2 numbers i have ported over for people.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hiya @ech_786,

Just a little tip: even though you are on autopay, it would be a good idea to top up your account manually a day or so before your plan is set to renew.  

This will guarantee that you have enough $$$ in your account to cover the cost of renewal.   Just in case there's some unexpected system glitch or issue with your card.

And not to to worry!  Autopay kicks in and charges you, ONLY IF you do not have enough funds in your account.

Cheers,

Neil

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

You won't have any problems as long as everything is set correctly. I have gone though 4 renewals now and never had any problems so far. 

Need Help? Let's chat.